Gransnet forums

Technology

Help, new iphone.

(7 Posts)
richardjohnson Mon 18-May-15 11:27:14

I agree with Brenda. By "restore" your phone, you can get all thing back again.

lefthanded Sat 16-May-15 17:23:32

Sit in the car with the ignition turned on. Turn Bluetooth OFF in your iphone then cold-boot the phone (ie turn it right off by holding down the button on the top). Once it is off wait 20 seconds then turn it back on again.

Now turn Bluetooth back on. It should now say that the phone is "discoverable".

Next get the car to search for the phone. It is easier if you have named your phone - do this in Settings >> About, if you haven't already done so.

The car should say something like "Found Howjado's iPhone", and it will prompt you to enter a code. Just follow the instructions on screen from here on.

loopylou Sat 16-May-15 17:15:08

Too complicated for me......I had an upgrade to a smartphone some months ago but couldn't for the life of me 'unlock' it when it rang, so lots of missed calls.
DH pointed out today that I have to swipe it, not desperately poke the icon to answer it, unlike my old one!

blush blush blush

Howjado Sat 16-May-15 16:59:18

Hooray, it has all come across now. E mail account is working and most apps are there. Some still down loading. Thanks for your help Brenda.
Now need to sit in the car and sort out the blue tooth. While sitting in the drive yesterday my car "found" my neighbours phones but not mine, sitting on the car seat next to me. I have the code to hand if it asks.

Brendawymms Sat 16-May-15 16:08:59

If you go into the App Store and look under purchased you will see all your apps listed.
You could also start again on the phone and set it up as "restore" and everything should come across.

Brendawymms Sat 16-May-15 16:07:17

I'm surprised your emails didn't come across. Did you set new phone up as " a new phone" or " restore". Restore should have bought everything across.
However if you set it up as a "new" phone then go into settings, Mail, contacts calendar and set up email accounts, as long as you can remember your passwords and all your emails and contacts should come across.
Make sure you have turned contacts and calendar on.
Bluetooth turn it on on phone and your car Bluetooth may need to be given an instruction also and possibly a pass number. My Bluetooth tells me what number to put into the phone when asked.

Howjado Sat 16-May-15 15:31:08

I have just upgraded my old iphone 4 for an iphone 5s. The new phone is up and running and has got all my phone contacts installed. Photographs and notes have also appeared but no e mails or calendar i.e these are still empty.

My old phone, which was backed up in my itunes on my laptop, now
has no sim card, but is still working on my house wifi.

Do I now just connect the new phone to itunes to get all my apps
onto it? Will the e mails and more importantly, my calendar entries go across too?

One more thing, the blue tooth system in my car cannot seem to find my new phone even though bluetooth is switched on.

I appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks.