Gransnet forums

Technology

I need to buy a new netbook

(7 Posts)
jeanie99 Thu 11-Jun-15 06:23:36

I've had this netbook for some years now, only use it for travel but it's getting very slow so I have decided to buy a new one.

This one is only 1GB I would like a 4GB, had a look on the Internet but there is a very small selection of small 10 inch netbooks in this range.

Can anyone recommend one.

suzied Thu 11-Jun-15 18:11:27

I am being a bit dense here but what is a net book.? Do you mean a tablet computer? It's ipad everytime for me but not sure if that's what you mean.

Ana Thu 11-Jun-15 18:37:12

They're smaller and cheaper than a PC but not the same as a tablet or an ipad. You could google them, suzied.

J52 Thu 11-Jun-15 18:45:24

I love my Mac Book Air, it does everything a larger laptop does, but easily fits into a bag. x

annodomini Thu 11-Jun-15 19:50:52

I have a Samsung Chromebook which stores information on the Cloud instead of on a hard disk. Does the job just as well as my old laptop which is about twice as heavy.

jeanie99 Sun 14-Jun-15 07:24:29

What I want is a small laptop with a keyboard.

I contact family and friends and like to send long e-mails when we travel as well as using Skype and the old netbook fits the bill but it is now very slow.

I don't want anything that doesn't have a keyboard.

Liz46 Sun 14-Jun-15 07:46:29

I am using an acer chromebook at the moment. We also have an ipad but both prefer the chromebook. I don't know if I could use it for Skype.