Gransnet forums

Technology

kindle

(19 Posts)
rosequartz Sun 13-Sep-15 23:20:08

I'm saying cheese feetlebaum smile

feetlebaum Sun 13-Sep-15 22:54:18

I have two Kindles - my original, which I thought I had broken after which I bought a paperwhite... then I discovered I could fix my original one very simply; thus I have two in working, communicating order. I have a telephone with a simple camera, a film SLR, a couple of film compacts, a digital compact, a digital bridge camera - and now I just bought a Canon DSLR...

All I need now is something to photograph...

Indinana Sun 13-Sep-15 20:58:42

roseq my Kindle is only a book reader too. It's not old, it's the Paperwhite, which doesn't have a web browser. My DH has the Fire, but I wouldn't want that because it really isn't anything like as good as mine when reading outside in sunshine. I'd much sooner have a better reading facility and use my phone for web browsing.

janerowena Sun 13-Sep-15 20:22:04

I think she's on mine, too...

Maggiemaybe Sun 13-Sep-15 17:48:43

Well thanks a bundle, jingl, for pointing out the little revolving arrows thingy in the top corner of my Fire. I now know how to take a selfie. But first I have to work out how to get that terrible photo of my mother off there. I think she must have been ill when it was taken, she looks so lined and old.....

rosequartz Sun 13-Sep-15 17:07:03

Do you not connect to the net on your Kindle rose?

ninathenana confused
I think it only does the books, although I can buy them on it
It's very old

Luckygirl Sun 13-Sep-15 16:42:51

I think you should stand in front of a mirror, do a handstand, and then press the shutter! grin

Stick to the phone's camera facility I would think!

ninathenana Sun 13-Sep-15 16:37:28

Do you not connect to the net on your Kindle rose ?
I've just booked our next holiday using mine, and now on GN. I believe there are some that are just for reading thinking about it. Mine's a Fire.

rosequartz Sat 12-Sep-15 18:56:02

ps I use a camera, am I old-fashioned?
It was new this year.

rosequartz Sat 12-Sep-15 18:55:24

hmm I can only read books on mine I think (and buy them!)

They must have advanced somewhat.

ninathenana Sat 12-Sep-15 17:19:32

Yes Elegran that's the problem. Has just occurred to me that if I stand in front of what I want to capture and hold the kindle above my head maybe that would work.
On second thoughts, I could just stick to using my phone grin

Charleygirl Sat 12-Sep-15 16:44:01

Elegran that is exactly how I managed to take 2 photos of Tara my cat because I knew somebody who wanted to see her photogenic looks. I took many of my fingers or half of my face until I managed to do it but it was when Tara was lying down and gave me a better chance.

Elegran Sat 12-Sep-15 16:29:46

Does it only have a lens that sees you looking at the screen, or also one that points out away from you? If it only has the selfie lens, then you could probably take a photo of someting else by pointing the screen away from you. You'd have to aim it well, and press the right button without seeing what on earth you were doing, but it might work.

ninathenana Sat 12-Sep-15 16:09:16

Thanks jane that's helpful.
That sounds sarcastic doesn't it smile but I'm genuinely grateful.

janerowena Sat 12-Sep-15 15:00:53

I just found this

www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/amazon/10441287/Top-12-hidden-Kindle-and-Kindle-Fire-features.html

It says to download Photo Editor from the Amazon kindle app store.

So yes, as it is it is only meant to be used for selfies and Skype.

janerowena Sat 12-Sep-15 14:57:49

In which case, it is only meant to take selfies. You could possibly download something that would allow you to use it as a camera. Which kindle is it? Fire presumably, but which one?

ninathenana Sat 12-Sep-15 14:41:02

My phone is the same jings but the kindle only has a shutter symbol on the screen when your looking at yourself.

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 12-Sep-15 09:34:54

On my mini ipad, from the page where you can see yourself, you click on the little camera image (got two sort of revolving arrows in it) up in the corner. Perhaps it's the same.

ninathenana Sat 12-Sep-15 08:21:22

Help please, how do take a photo other than a selfie ?
When on camera, all I can see is me shock I want to take photos of other things. I've been all through the help menu to no avail.
Thanks