Gransnet forums

Technology

Kindle fire

(5 Posts)
annsixty Wed 02-Dec-15 15:08:47

I can do most of the things that I can do on my i'Pad. I am sending this post on it. E-mails, google, netflix añd sky go. It is great but back up to£50 today. I was going to get one for my son.

Pippa000 Wed 02-Dec-15 14:59:37

I love my Kindle Fire, I can use it as any pad, read and send e-mails, surf the web, even listen to the radio, (I love radio 4 extra),play games and I can even read books. Would I buy it again?, in a flash!

chelseababy Wed 02-Dec-15 14:29:59

Can you do anything other read books on it? Could be what I need if it can do more, my hudl is on its last legs!

Indinana Wed 02-Dec-15 11:30:09

My DD treated herself to one and is absolutely delighted. She bought it for exactly the same reason - her iPad is behaving a bit erratically, sometimes not charging at all, then shutting down repeatedly when she's online. £35 is so cheap, she felt it would have been stupid not to take advantage of the offer!

annsixty Wed 02-Dec-15 10:11:41

My laptop is on it's last legs and last week my i-Pad was not behaving so I took advantage of the Amazon offer of the very basic Kindle Fire reduced to £35. I can't recommend it highly enough. Yes it is basic but for the price it is excellent and goes in my handbag. The ads are a pain but can be taken of for the ransom payment of £10. I haven't bothered yet?