Gransnet forums

Technology

photoshop

(8 Posts)
Daisychain Mon 01-Feb-16 07:14:32

I have been looking for a suitable photo shop for my mac, has anyone of you
know of a good free download photoshop I tried to download Picasa without success
your feed back would be appreciated.
Thank you

Luckygirl Mon 01-Feb-16 11:03:16

Paint.net (www.getpaint.net) is what you need. It is virtually identical to PhotoShop but it is free!

Daisychain Mon 01-Feb-16 15:25:41

Thank you luckygirl I will try that xmi

mrsmopp Thu 10-Mar-16 22:26:48

Daisychain, I'm interested to know how you got on, if you tried paint.net?
I have lots of photos on my Mac, but I am disappointed in the edit facility on it as it is very limited. For example, if a photo is not quite level, there is no facility even to straighten it. Most annoying as often it's not until you see the image on the screen that you realize it is skewed.!! That's just one example..

Luckygirl Thu 10-Mar-16 22:31:28

It definitely works mrsmopp - I used to work as a photographer and for a media company and it was rated very highly - you can definitely straighten up photos and lots of other things.

mrsmopp Thu 10-Mar-16 22:57:38

Thanks for such a speedy reply!
It seems it's exactly what I'm looking for, especially if it works on a Mac.
Cheers!

MargaretX Fri 11-Mar-16 10:24:30

mrsmoppHow old is your Mac? This one I'm writing on today is from 2008 and has a tool for straightening up pictures.
Next time your mac offers you an update, get that done and perhaps iPhoto will have updated.

Now I'm going to try with Paint.net. I used to have the old Adobe photoshsop on a much older mac and was able to brush out the scar on the throat which my daughter had, following a thyroid OP. (it went on its own after year but this photo was earlier.)
Nothing on iPhoto can do anything like that.

mrsmopp Fri 11-Mar-16 17:52:44

Margaret's my Mac is just over a year old - the photo editing is a bit limited mainly enhance, colors, black and white, rotate or cropping but I haven't found anything that makes the picture level.
I am still getting used to it to be honest as it is so different from my old Dell laptop. I find iPhoto language bewildering with camera roll, photo stream, albums, moments, activity, Shared, Events, Projects, etc. also being told 'this photo cannot be deleted'....
Perhaps I should join an iPhoto class if there is one. I also have an iPad but I don't sync the photos because there is less free space on the IPad.