Gransnet forums

Technology

Talk talk - again!

(6 Posts)
Luckylegs9 Thu 14-Apr-16 18:51:52

On Sunday I was unable to get into my talktalk e mail account with talktalk. It is dreadful dealing with them, I have been on the phone for hours at a time. Each time a different person, no closer to having the problem solved. I took my I pad into Apple store to have it checked over, there was not a problem with it. Does anyone else with TT know how to get anywhere with this company. Is is easy to open another with someone else use Google. When my contract is up I will move to another company.

pompa Thu 14-Apr-16 21:57:08

This appears to be a common problem with TT atm.

Indinana Thu 14-Apr-16 22:23:36

I escaped from Talktalk a few years ago. They always plagued me with sales calls, trying to get me to change my tariff, offering me two months free if I switched to a new deal. I always cut across their sales pitch and asked if this meant I would be taking out a new 12 month contract. Yes, of course it did. No thanks then and please make a note on my account that I will never, repeat NEVER take out a new contract with you. But the sales calls kept coming. I used to just hang up.

When I finally got away from them it felt as if a weight had lifted from my shoulders. But what has really angered me about them is that I can find absolutely no way of shutting down my email account with them. It has remained live ever since I switched to a different provider and there is no option to close it. Which means, of course, that I am still vulnerable to any cyber attacks on their company. They have to be the worst internet provider in the history of internet providers.

Anya Thu 14-Apr-16 23:11:27

They are indeed the worst Indiana

When I moved house they refused to close my account, even though I was out of contract, and the new people who bought from me couldn't install their own chosen Internet provider because of this. Then they kept sending me bills.

Luckily I kept all the correspondence and receipts for all the recorded delivery letters I had to send them because their customer is dire. In the end they set a debt collector on me for this non- existent service but when I send the debt company my correspondence they told me they would not take the case and TT were in the wrong.

Luckylegs9 Fri 15-Apr-16 02:32:13

I cannot access e mail because it says it does not recognise the password I have (always) had. I am thoroughly fed up with TT and want to leave when my contract is finished, would I be better just leaving the current account dormant and opening another e mail account. If i do and move my contacts over is that an easy thing to do, I would appreciate you'd help as I am at a loss.

Anya Fri 15-Apr-16 08:51:13

Personally I'd do just that LL9 - you could just open a gmail account but I think you're talking about getting another provider eg Virgin, or BT ???