Gransnet forums

Technology

Instant Ink

(3 Posts)
AlieOxon Fri 30-Dec-16 12:57:52

Hi there. I'm going to have to replace my printer and most of the ones I consider have this Instant Ink thing going - someon must have experience of this, but I feel wary...
Help please?

cornergran Fri 30-Dec-16 13:49:17

We've had this for about 8 months, all good so far with an HP printer and ink. I like the ease of budgeting, I'm a bit of a detail person so I keep a log of how many pages we have printed to see we are within our paid for limit but the web site is easy to access and gives all the details. We pay for 100 a month, any not used are carried forward and we currently have 100 extra on that basis. When we bought ours (John Lewis) it came with one pre paid voucher for ink for three months and we had the opportunity to purchase a second voucher at half price, so we did and as a result paid nothing for the first six months. There was one problem, the printer decided to have a 'moment' and pushed through about 20 blank pages, which of course came from our allocation. I phoned the help line and a very courteous young man (well, he sounded young!) said no problem and credited the account with twice the number of pages that had been lost. So for us its so far so good.

AlieOxon Fri 30-Dec-16 15:06:22

Thanks cornergran that's encouraging. I'll continue to look at printers...