Gransnet forums

Technology

IPad log in

(8 Posts)
MargaretX Fri 03-Feb-17 10:12:24

Go into your Programmes and trawl down to Kex chains. The icon looks like a bunch of keys. You will need Apple computer Login to view it but it should have your saved pass words for your WiFi. see if that is Ok
If not it is a browser problem.
Good Luck

Google Chrome likes Apple but Firefox can cause problems

Pensionistabrian Fri 03-Feb-17 09:55:04

Leaving far too many apps open and also not emptying junk and mail boxes can cause storage problems, slowing down the iPad.

Once a month I reset my default and that really helps to keep my iPad functioning well.

Anya Sat 07-Jan-17 12:23:06

Because your browser contains details such as passwords and log in details. It's all pat of the history.

Thanks for the flowers smile

Auntieflo Sat 07-Jan-17 10:14:00

Anya, you clever girl. smile
I just cleared my browsing /bookmark history, as a test, and I had to Log in again. Now, please can you tell me, why that is? I just thought that by clearing out all the rubbish, I would not be clogging up the space. Right? Wrong? Anyway, thank you. flowers

Anya Fri 06-Jan-17 20:07:32

Have you cleared your browsing history? Either accidentally or on purpose. This will make it necessary to sign in again..

Auntieflo Fri 06-Jan-17 19:11:28

Thanks Liase, at least I am not on my own. Tonight, so far, IPad is behaving. Shhhhhh

Liaise Fri 06-Jan-17 18:22:53

I sometimes suffer similar problems but it has been a bit better lately ( I use an iPad), I also cannot get Gransnet daily emails now for some reason. I just go straight into Gransnet on Safari. This isn't much help to you. I think my IPad is developing it's own personality and will one day take over! The cat hates it and considers it to be a rival for affection.

Auntieflo Fri 06-Jan-17 11:50:48

Please, does anybody else have the trouble that I sometimes get when on my IPad and trawling Gransnet? Sometimes, for days, weeks, all is fine, then it will get the idea that I need to Log in each and every time I want to look at something. I thought at one time it was to do with "Site Stuff" but when I use my ASUS, it doesn't happen. This morning has been bad, and not consistent. Any help appreciated. Maybe my IPad is getting old, I don't know.