Gransnet forums

Technology

Please, can anyone help?!

(16 Posts)
Nonnie Thu 21-Sep-17 11:50:25

Kindles do that, they are whimsical beings who like to cause chaos in your day. Often if you ignore them they give up and behave properly. When all else fails, let the battery die then plug it in. That shows them who is boss!

glammanana Thu 21-Sep-17 11:28:46

Has anyone the telephone number of Yahoo Mail please I can't remember my account password and also having problems logging in to my mail

glammanana Thu 21-Sep-17 11:23:29

NanaandGrampy I have pm'd you

NanaandGrampy Wed 20-Sep-17 21:51:36

No problem , nothing I like more than a good resurrection:-)

phoenix Wed 20-Sep-17 21:07:19

N&G there seer to have been a rising from the ashes wink with the Kindle, fingers crossed all will be well from now!

Many thanks for your replies!

NanaandGrampy Wed 20-Sep-17 20:41:18

Ah just seen your last message and just worked it out lol I'll try and pm with the line by line instructions tomorrow just in case :-)

cornergran Wed 20-Sep-17 20:38:37

Phew. I can feel the relief smile.

phoenix Wed 20-Sep-17 20:05:24

Well, would you believe it, the Kindle has come back to life! grin but I will learn from it, I will log on to Gmail on the other computer, and get a password reset sent.

phoenix Wed 20-Sep-17 18:14:18

I have a Hotmail address, for which I know the password, and a Gmail address for which I don't blush

I have posted a message on the Amazon community board, hope someone can help, or that N&G come back!

cornergran Wed 20-Sep-17 18:06:01

Phoenix are you sure you didn't register a second email address or even a mobile number in case of difficulties? Most things I use ask for a second address in case the first one is faulty. Think I'd be asking the Kindle help folk, they often help Mr C with issues, seem helpful, knowledgeable and polite.

phoenix Wed 20-Sep-17 17:57:54

Errm, can't find the Digital Content section blush

Coolgran you can access the email address from any device, but only if you can remember the password!

Coolgran65 Wed 20-Sep-17 17:37:13

Yes, but I thought you should be able to access that email address from any device.

Hope N & G have helped you smile

phoenix Wed 20-Sep-17 17:23:34

Many thanks N&G, will give it a go!

Coolgran if you forget your password, they send the reminder to the email address associated with the account, (I think) if that makes sense?

Coolgran65 Wed 20-Sep-17 17:00:27

Your Kindle is only an electronic device to access your email provider. Whatever email address/es you have can be accessed from any electronic device, not only on the Kindle.

I don't understand how the reminder would be only accessible on the Kindle.

Sorry, I'm probably missing something ......

NanaandGrampy Wed 20-Sep-17 16:50:58

This might help Phoenix

To view or edit the Kindle email address for your iPad, you must first log in to your amazon.com account using the same account name used to register the Kindle app on the device. Open the "Manage Your Kindle" page, available in the Digital Content section and select "Personal Document Settings" from the left sidebar.

phoenix Wed 20-Sep-17 16:39:18

Hello all,

My Kindle seems to have "died". I have a separate email account on it, which I need to access.

Now, I can remember the email address, but not the password, which means that although I can use this computer to find Gmail, if I select the "forgotten password" option, it would send a reminder to the address on the Kindle that I can't access! confused

(Phoenix wanders off sadly humming "there's a whole in my bucket.....")