Gransnet forums

Technology

Banned from gumtree!!!!!!

(22 Posts)
Bright Sun 19-Jan-20 10:20:30

Lucky girl it's not about what you selling it's about gumtree being vindictive by deleting your ads immediately and citing that you only allowed to post one ad while their friends are posting up to 36 ads as such in pics I uploaded!

missourisusan Tue 21-Nov-17 18:58:44

When you sign up for the twit they send you an email and you need to reply to it to verify it is really you. I signed up and replied to the email and have been twitting successfully for years. One day they sent me a message saying I hadn't been verified ? and to reply to their message. I did. again. Now I have a permanent header to request a new email so they can verify me. I tried. It doesn't work. 2 years later it is still there.

Bathsheba Wed 15-Nov-17 10:05:01

Sorry, I was just have a bit of a play there ^^. I've no idea what Twitter expects of us. I've had an account for years and hardly ever use it grin

Nanabilly Wed 15-Nov-17 09:31:46

Glad I'm not the only one who does not "get" twitter.

Stansgran Wed 15-Nov-17 08:14:27

I use twitter as a shopping list. I f I see something I'm interested in and it has a little blue bird I add it to my list. It's for my benefit though I think my dgd follows me.

seasider Wed 15-Nov-17 07:01:34

I have been on Twitter for years and rarely tweet but my account is still open

BlueBelle Tue 14-Nov-17 23:56:59

Well I joined Twitter years ago never used it and never tweeted as I never understood it really. but I m still valid and my accounts still open

Bathsheba Tue 14-Nov-17 23:46:23

moon

Bathsheba Tue 14-Nov-17 23:45:47

The thing is, on Twitter you have to, erm, well, tweet hmm. They don’t understand silence, not even a gentle noise like, say, a hummingbird. You have to be a full on, noisy seagull, cawing tweeting away like crazy. Otherwise they think you’re not really in the spirit of the thing, not a joiner-inner.
Dunno why my account’s not been closed then

Jalima1108 Tue 14-Nov-17 22:51:10

I wasn't even lurking guiltily - I just never looked at all grin
(too busy!)

FarNorth Tue 14-Nov-17 22:07:31

Are you a little irritated about that, jollyg?

Bathsheba Tue 14-Nov-17 22:03:20

Oh dear, and I never even tweeted!!

Perhaps that was your error, Jalima - Twitter obviously doesn't tolerate the lurkers like GN does grin

Jalima1108 Tue 14-Nov-17 18:53:53

It could be more exciting to be banned from a pub or a nightclub though!!

'You're under age - do not darken our doors again'
'But I'm 70'

Jalima1108 Tue 14-Nov-17 18:52:35

I joined Twitter weeks ago - merely to have a look at what was being transferred on to there from GN.
However, I didn't use it, went to take a peek this week and 'my account has been suspended'
Oh dear, and I never even tweeted!!

grin

jollyg Tue 14-Nov-17 18:19:46

Mods have POWER they can do what they like!

On a fora I have been banned temporarily because the MOD was an arrogant twat.

His experience was all second/third hand. Note the word HE

SpringyChicken Tue 14-Nov-17 17:38:00

I'm glad it's not just me. It's laughable really, you couldn't find anyone more law abiding than me. Thanks for your comments, I don't feel so bad now.

grannyqueenie Tue 14-Nov-17 17:03:26

I had a similar experience with eBay years ago, I never did find out why or what I was supposed to have done!

Anniebach Tue 14-Nov-17 15:19:43

Oh I am stupid, when I read the thread title I thought Gumtree was a pub or nightclub blush

gillybob Tue 14-Nov-17 15:11:34

I was temporarily banned from gumtree for complaints about "my"
rented flats in London . The fact that I don't have flats in London ( or anywhere for they matter) didn't seem to register with the dum nuts at gumtree . I'm angry that they can mix up personal details like this . Eventually ( after months) they told me I could rejoin and admitted it had been a mix up ( no apology mind you) I told them to go stuff themselves !

Bathsheba Tue 14-Nov-17 15:05:02

My daughter was mysteriously banned from a FB selling page, with no explanation. She was absolutely certain she hadn't broken any rules.
I was a member of the page so I contacted one of the admins and politely asked them for a reason. They replied promptly and said it was an error and said my daughter should try posting again. Well, of course, she couldn't because she couldn't join - every time she attempted to join again she just got a message saying she was banned. I contacted the admin again. Same response. I contacted ALL the admins and asked if something could be done, or at least an explanation for the decision so my daughter could defend herself. No response from any of them. They are a law unto themselves apparently, nothing you can do! I really wished I could find out where they lived so I could punch them on the nose

Luckygirl Tue 14-Nov-17 14:52:02

What has your OH been trying to sell I wonder? grin

SpringyChicken Tue 14-Nov-17 14:11:29

I joined gumtree about two weeks ago and all was going well. Then my ads were removed and I asked why through the live chat facility. My ads didn’t break any of the posting rules and the people helping me said it was an error at their end. But today I was told I have broken the terms and conditions, I’m banned and the decision is final. And they will not reply to any contact from me. The only thing I can think of is that my husband has an account and we share the computer. Are they counting his account as my account too? No one is allowed more than one account. I am mystified.