Gransnet forums

Technology

Apple photos help please.

(8 Posts)
NanaMacGeek Thu 28-Dec-17 11:51:55

Hello NfkDumpling, I attach a link that may help with your unwanted photos:- www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-delete-photos-imported-to-iphone-from-pc-mac/

NfkDumpling Thu 28-Dec-17 08:14:41

When I first had an iPad I connected it to my laptop with a USB cable to copy over some photos to show a friend. The computers linked really quickly and started downloading instantly so before I could click to stop it I go a whole lot of photos I didn't want on the iPad. These could not be deleted. They're still there. Apparently I can only delete them through the laptop, but I daren't do this for fear of having a whole load more whipping over!

Grannaby Thu 28-Dec-17 07:59:19

If they are in iCloud you can’t delete them as they belong to him (they are not taking up space on your iPad). But what you can do is save any you do like to your own camera roll. Then you don’t need to click on his shared folder. If he adds more photos a message will come up telling you there has been more activity. He will be deleting them himself soon enough unless he pays extra for iCloud storage. To save them click on select then touch the photos you want so that a tick appears on them, go to the icon with a square and an upward arrow a list of choices of where to send them appears. On the lower uncoloured list you can select save images these will then be saved in your own camera roll in the appropriate date. Hope that helps and makes sense.

mrsmopp Thu 28-Dec-17 00:47:24

No need to apologise - thanks for replying.
NanaMcGeek has helped me more than once so hope there's an answer to this one. I do struggle with Apple sometimes.

Auntieflo Wed 27-Dec-17 23:41:42

Sorry, I hadn't realised that. NanaMcGeek?? is a good one to help with techy problems. Apologies if I've got her name wrong .

mrsmopp Wed 27-Dec-17 23:36:43

Thanks Auntieflo, but the photos do not appear in camera roll, they are all in iCloud photo sharing. There is no dustbin there sad

Auntieflo Wed 27-Dec-17 23:02:39

mrsmopp, if you go to Photos, Camera Roll, choose Select, click on chosen photo, then click on the dustbin, at the top of the screen. It will ask if you want to delete photo. That should get rid of any you don't want. There are others on here who may have a better option for you. Good luck.

mrsmopp Wed 27-Dec-17 22:56:52

My DS has shared me a lot of photos to my iPad - too many really:- nice to see them, but I don't really want to keep them all. I looked up how to delete them, - instructions are to open photos app, select shared, select photos then tap Trash. But it doesn't work as there is no option to click on trash at all.
What to do? And will he know I've deleted them? I don't want photos of their dinner!! ☹️