Gransnet forums

Technology

Microsoft Windows 10

(4 Posts)
varian Fri 12-Jan-18 15:36:30

I knew we were not the only ones affected by this. Our IT bod's had many similar complaints from other clients. No doubt he will be sending us a big bill but we were so relieved that he eventually found our data hidden away in a very dark corner of the hard-drive.

Microsoft should issue their own warning before doing the update. We are warning everyone we know.

ElaineI Thu 11-Jan-18 18:37:38

DH spent last 4 days trying to fix ours after this update. It kept doing it! Definitely be warned!

Grannyknot Thu 11-Jan-18 18:33:49

Yikes and thank you - I just had the pop up telling me the update is coming. Will back up pronto.

varian Thu 11-Jan-18 17:59:04

Earlier this week Microsoft updated Windows 10 on my husband's computer and in the process wiped out most of our files, including three years worth of our financial transactions (including my business). We were then horrified to find that our automatic back-up had not been working for some time (OK I know we should have checked it more regularly). Fortunately our IT bod, after labouring over a hot computer for a day and a half has managed to retrieve the data. Be warned!!!