Gransnet forums

Technology

Fnding things on GN

(9 Posts)
lilypollen Mon 12-Feb-18 19:01:17

Is there a way of finding your posts and topics that you have started? I have that ability on other forums that I'm on.

Grannyknot Mon 12-Feb-18 19:31:46

The "search" facility on GN is not very good, search using Google + the topic + your username ...

Pittcity Mon 12-Feb-18 19:33:12

Yes. There is "I'm On" tab/button above or below depending on how you're viewing GN.

grannyactivist Mon 12-Feb-18 19:47:56

There currently isn't a way to do that lilypollen; the 'I'm on' tab lets you see all the posts you're on, but doesn't help to find ones that you started yourself.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 12-Feb-18 20:22:36

Hi lilypollen. The above suggestions are what we probably would have recommended too. The 'I'm on' button is your best choice. smile

Blinko Tue 13-Feb-18 12:01:32

Must admit, the search facility on GN is pretty terrible. I would have hoped that GNHQ would have that sorted in the recent update of the site. But it appears not, for some reason. Shame isn't it?

durhamjen Tue 13-Feb-18 12:05:03

If you go on customise, you can ask them to automatically show you threads you started.

lilypollen Wed 14-Feb-18 10:17:14

Thank you
I do use I'm on but if there are multiple pages it's tedious having to go through them all. I just wanted to post an update on an old thread I started so I'll have to use the search facility. I'll try customise too.

schnackie Sun 18-Feb-18 13:16:39

Please post if you find the way to do this. I would like to update a post from 5 months ago! My parcel sent in August, through Royal Mail to grandchildren in New York arrived at the end of January!! grin