Gransnet forums

Technology

Blinking printer!

(12 Posts)
jollyg Fri 09-Mar-18 14:32:37

Sorry Chelsea that is par for the course.

Manufacturers make more money out of the inks [it cheaper than the best champagne ml for ink[

You pays your money and makes your chioice Simples

chelseababy Fri 09-Mar-18 13:29:23

I got a Canon WiFi printer because it was so cheap but it's nearly £30 to replace the cartridges.

jollyg Fri 09-Mar-18 10:16:14

Cheapest Canon , never let me down. Check out Argos

br0adwater Wed 07-Mar-18 18:45:30

I had to go into settings on my laptop, delete the printer and then reinstall it. It worked.

grannyactivist Wed 07-Mar-18 18:42:32

I recently replaced my very old printer with one that has bells and whistles, but the beggar needs someone with a degree in printerology to get it to do the most basic things - like PRINT!!!! angry Grrrr!!!

Squiffy Wed 07-Mar-18 18:37:34

mrsmopp Check out the prices for ink cartridges before you invest in a new printer. Some makes are very expensive!

Auntieflo Wed 07-Mar-18 17:57:50

mrsmopp, I just had this ad. pop into my emails, from Robert Dyas. Any use? ( I don't work for them smile

mrsmopp Tue 06-Mar-18 14:02:54

We always used to thump the telly when it played up, didn't we? Usually did the trick too!

mrsmopp Tue 06-Mar-18 13:57:16

Can get a refund from print man, he suggested a printer reset - didn't work, little red light still blinking.
It's probably kaput. Bought in 2001 so guarantee expired ?.
Off to PC world. Anyone recommend a good easy to operate printer?

Oopsadaisy12 Tue 06-Mar-18 13:50:24

Try thumping it, but try the test print first as Tanith suggested. TBH it sounds as though it’s died, mine did the same thing some time ago, it was cheaper to buy a new one than have the old one looked at, of course like you I had stocked up with ink, that I was then unable to use Grrrr.

tanith Tue 06-Mar-18 10:12:28

Have tried running a maintainence head cleaning program? Make sure all the ink things are in place properly.

mrsmopp Tue 06-Mar-18 10:08:21

Printer little light flashing, indicating run out of ink. Went to inkjet shop, came back, little light still blinking and won't print. Any idea what to do next?
I have already switched it off and on again.
I've got stuff that needs printing ASAP Help!