Gransnet forums

Technology

Instaport.me?

(4 Posts)
fourormore Thu 05-Apr-18 10:51:58

Does anyone have any experience of Instaport.me?
I can only get photos of some of my GC on Instagram (seems it's not convenient to attach a few photos to emails these days?) but every now and again I get shut out and have to 're-request to follow'.
I am looking to find a way of saving the instagram photos on to my laptop so that I am able to view them when not 'on line'
I 'googled' it and that's where I discovered Instaport.me
Does anyone have experience of this site as I am ultra-cautious of downloading anything I am unsure of!
Thanks!

mimiro Thu 05-Apr-18 14:49:23

hi four
i don;t use cloud storage of any kind,i use a thumbdrive for everything.but as i do searches for other computer users for info here is a seemingly simple explaination of instaport and others.hope it helps
www.ilovefreesoftware.com/07/featured/free-websites-to-download-instagram-photos.html

Bathsheba Thu 05-Apr-18 15:18:00

If you're accessing the photos on a computer, why not just use the Snipping tool? Or on a Mac it's the Grab tool, same thing. You just use the tool to outline the photo you want to save and it can then be saved as a .jpg.

fourormore Thu 05-Apr-18 16:33:26

Thanks Mimiro and Bathsheba for your replies.
From the link it looks like Instaport is safe to use as I can save all the photos at once
In the past I have 'copied' and saved into My Pictures and have been able to view them off line but since my computer was updated I can't do that any more!?!
I will persevere! Thanks!