Gransnet forums

Technology

Wake up GNHQ and delete the ‘carer moving 200 miles away’ thread.

(25 Posts)
janeainsworth Mon 09-Jul-18 07:19:39

That’s it, really.

BlueBelle Mon 09-Jul-18 07:32:30

If admin don’t work overnight why don’t they have an Australian or NZ admin on board Serious question ?

OldMeg Mon 09-Jul-18 07:34:24

Can’t get the staff anymore.

janeainsworth Mon 09-Jul-18 07:39:43

Or recruit one of the GN insomniacs!

OldMeg Mon 09-Jul-18 07:42:37

Personally I’m disgusted!

Wheniwasyourage Mon 09-Jul-18 07:48:08

I've reported it too, in case that helps.

MawBroon Mon 09-Jul-18 08:03:13

Hear, hear. Including BlueBelle’s serious question.

Iam64 Mon 09-Jul-18 08:16:03

Thanks janeainsworth. I joined those reporting this thread and can't understand why it wasn't picked up much earlier.

BlueBelle Mon 09-Jul-18 08:48:58

Where the heck are admin it’s nearly 9 am and the thread is still sitting there for all to see and the poster is still part of GN

aggie Mon 09-Jul-18 08:59:53

Does one have to report each message separately ? I get a message saying the message has been deleted , but they are still there when I look

merlotgran Mon 09-Jul-18 09:03:43

I asked for the whole thread to be deleted last night. I suspected others had done the same so was surprised to see it still active this morning. hmm

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 09-Jul-18 10:15:12

Hi - we are a small team and work as much round the clock as it's possible to do so, seven days a week. Occasionally things come up very late at night or very early in the morning and so might be up a little longer than we would ideally like. This doesn't happen often and we ask that you bear with us on the occasions that it does. Do rest assured that we are around as much as it is humanly possible to be so - but also that sometimes issues take more work to deal with than might be immediately apparent

BlueBelle Mon 09-Jul-18 10:20:30

Thanks for your reply CariGransnet but what about my suggestion that you take on an admin in southern countries
After all GN is a worldwide organisation and they could do the night shift

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 09-Jul-18 11:06:16

Taking on an admin/moderator obviously requires a fair few processes and considerations that we aren't in a position to do right now - but it's something we could certainly look at in future.

Rufus2 Sat 14-Jul-18 07:26:52

If admin don’t work overnight why don’t they have an Australian or NZ admin on board Serious question ?

BlueBelle and other GNs;
Can't understand what's going on here! Too much innuendo. Does any member have unilateral power to have something removed, without first raising whatever the problem is, with the alleged culprit via Private messaging?
Everybody seemed to have enjoyed Ann's and my joint virtual Birthday Party last Sunday, but, being a sensitive soul, I find it hard to believe I've blotted my copybook so soon, although it has happened before! sad
Otherwise, I'll put my hand up for "Aussie Admin Officer", whatever that entails, with consular residence in Melbourne. My humble home would make a comfortable location.!
Take your time; No rush! I've yet to prepare my CV. grin
OoRoo

Marydoll Sat 14-Jul-18 07:48:11

Rufus, this was a particularly nasty thread, in which a poster was targetting and trolling a particular member.
As it happened overnight, there was no-one one available to moderate. Many gransnetter were disgusted at the comments and reported it.
The recipient was very upset.
It was totally out of order.
Best to let it go.
Enjoy your day.

BlueBelle Sat 14-Jul-18 07:58:03

This was nothing to do with you or your thread Rufus it was a very nasty thread with death threats and swearing involved It happened between 11pm and 9 am the next day when it was eventually removed The reason it was left on to offend so many was because the admin don’t work at night my suggestion was why not appoint an Aussie or NZ admin to keep an eye on the night time trolls
That’s all NOT you or your lovely thread x

Rufus2 Sun 15-Jul-18 09:24:10

BlueBelle: Many thanks for your reassurance; Marydoll has also explained I'm not to blame for what transpired. Phew!
Being a mild mannered sensitive sort, I was a bit worried as to what I'd done wrong this time; the Aussie reference fooled me! Anyway, it's comforting to have been "put in the picture" and not "in the frame", so to speak. grin
As I've explained to Marydoll , I'm thoroughly enjoying my days with GN and the excellent company of all GNetters.
Although living on my own, I think the postings act as virtual conversations, keeping my grey cells actively churning thanks to the wide range of erudite subjects; (and No! that's not meant to be patronising! grin )
I've been there and done penance for that!
After my marvellous virtual birthday party last Sunday I'm thinking I might have been welcomed into the bosom (now there's a thought!) of GN and no longer the black sheep of the family, More like the Prodigal son. It is Sunday after all wink
Now I"m beginning to cry and it's not all because of those Belgians. sad
Hoping the Grand Final is a good soccer contest tonight.
Good Health to All
Thanks again

Marydoll Sun 15-Jul-18 10:16:25

Rufus smile

Jane10 Sun 15-Jul-18 10:36:08

Morning Rufus! Enjoy the football. I've got another boring day stretching ahead. TKR recovery is a lengthy and dull process but worth it in the end. I hope!!

Blinko Sun 15-Jul-18 11:03:36

Rufus, how could you think it was you?? Keep posting, we like to hear from people who live around the globe. And being in Oz certainly qualifies for that! Cheers wine

ninathenana Sun 15-Jul-18 12:00:25

We need your cheery and amusing posts Rufus
It's good to have some male imput too. As far as I'm aware we only have a handfull of men wink on the forum

Jalima1108 Sun 15-Jul-18 12:38:22

Are you getting up to watch the football Rufus?

My family said that they're going to!

Rufus2 Sun 15-Jul-18 14:52:17

Are you getting up to watch the football Rufus?
Jalima1108 and all well-wishers!
Thank you very much for your kind responses.
No Jalima! You should know that I'll already be "up" at the end of a long Sunday, with KO at midnight. If your family live in Perth they'll have a 2 hour buffer compared to us so lucky them! grin
I managed to stay with last night's game until half-time at 1.00am, but I somehow had a feeling in my old (and tired) bones that 1-0 was not good so crawled off to bed.
I dreamed that Kevin had a "brain-snap", being surrounded by all his EPL mates, forgot what he was there for and started playing for England.
Dreams don't always come true! sad
Watched the 2nd half on TV recording this morning having avoided knowing the final result, but was not good of course.
Not knowing too much about English players other than what we learn by watching EPL, my "unbiased" (and uncalled for!) opinion is that "we" needed a couple of Kevins to finish off the excellent build-ups out of defence. shock My apologies where due!
Never mind; EPL starts up soon and we M/c fans can take delight in watching them again, esp. Kevin. My word! He's good to watch. smile

Jane10; You've tried to do too much leaping up and down trying to score goals. Boring's not the word for it! I've been there twice, but it's been worth it ,"eventually" as Manuel would say!
A bowling colleague had both knees done at once! Mind you he was as thin as a rake, so no weight to support, unlike me1 sad I couldn't do that.
Blinko: it's part of my DNA to expect blame for everything. As the eldest of 3 siblings it was my job to set the example or else cop the consequencies. It warped my senses of justice and fair play, especially on occasions when I was innocent! sad
But I joke; That's all a very, very long time ago.
Well that's taken us up till KO so I"ll shut up.
Good Health, Good Viewing
OoRoo wine wine wine

Jalima1108 Mon 16-Jul-18 14:59:57

If your family live in Perth they'll have a 2 hour buffer compared to us so lucky them! No, mine are on the East coast Rufus - 9 hours ahead
They haven't mentioned the football since the final hmm