Gransnet forums

Technology

Video to DVD

(12 Posts)
mritson Wed 05-Dec-18 23:28:42

usually Target or Walmart offer the transfer services

etheltbags1 Fri 23-Nov-18 23:34:20

I had one done for a fiver at a corner shop.its still doing well 10 years later. My dd cringes as it is of her 8th birthday party

Anniebach Fri 23-Nov-18 20:52:22

Such sadness petra, the loss of a 2 year old child, heartbreaking. Must have been hard for you too, x

petra Fri 23-Nov-18 20:45:36

Yes Annie and this little chap came along after my friend lost a child ( 2 yrs old) to drowning. She died at 38.
And yet, her husband, still my dearest friend hasn't got a negative, resentful bone in his body.

Anniebach Fri 23-Nov-18 17:32:42

Petra. 4 yesrs old ? Poor little darling, yes it’s the voice which is so important, one can hear the love in a voice

petra Fri 23-Nov-18 15:44:22

Annie
I've not long ago had one done for my Godson. He was 4 when his mother died.
Not long before she died they all came out to France where we were living on our boat. Fortunately it was all filmed and he can see his mum laughing and joking.
But the most important thing for me is: he can hear his mothers voice?

Anniebach Fri 23-Nov-18 14:29:10

Thank you GrannyGravy, I want them to know as I do the difference between Catherine and the illness , i seperated them , if one day her children can do this they will then know her not the illness which blighted her life and theirs. It is so important for children to know they were so loved by their mother , the mother child bond is so strong isn’t it. My maternal grandmother died giving birth to my Mother, I was told when my mother was in labour with me she called for her mother. Surely this shows just how strong the bond is ?

GrannyGravy13 Fri 23-Nov-18 14:14:04

Anniebach what a truly thoughtful Grandma you. When the time is right I am sure your Granddaughters will appreciate seeing their dear Mum ?

Anniebach Fri 23-Nov-18 13:17:00

Oh thank you so much, there are many videos of Catherine talking and playing with her children when she was well . The children are not ready to see them yet but I want them done before I fall off my perch so they are there for the time when I will not be with them to tell them how much she loved them and what fun they had as a family.

Thank you x

Greyduster Fri 23-Nov-18 13:08:35

Annie the nearest Max Spiellman to you is in Merthyr, but Brecon Photo Centre appears to do it too, so it might be worth giving them a ring.

Greyduster Fri 23-Nov-18 13:01:22

Annie you can get this done quite widely and if you have a branch of Max Spiellmans near you, or Timsons, they do it. If not a search of the internet should come up with someone in your locale who can do it for you. I hope you find someone.

Anniebach Fri 23-Nov-18 12:50:39

Is it possible to have this done, if so where? has anyone done this. I have very precious videos , don’t want to take risks but they can’t be viewed now or in the future