Gransnet forums

Technology

Am I hacked and advice

(11 Posts)
annep Fri 11-Jan-19 11:25:40

Facebook will not let me log in no matter what I do and then I got 150 emails saying messages undeliverable or not opened- which I didn't send. I changed my email password etc. Informed bank. Cant do anything with Facebook as I cant get in. Should I close my email. I don't want to but should I. I am a bit stressed( or totally demented atm).

Sparklefizz Fri 11-Jan-19 11:29:41

Facebook usually like to have a 2nd email address for emergencies like this. I know they have messaged me on occasions to check that my reserve email address is still valid. Have you logged a reserve one with them in the past?

janeainsworth Fri 11-Jan-19 11:31:34

Can you get someone to contact FB on your behalf via their own account ? Or see what happens when they do a search for your name?

Nonnie Fri 11-Jan-19 12:03:53

You have done the right thing.

It is easy to open another Facebook account but then you would have to invite your friends to join it. If you do this don't forget to set your privacy settings again.

Good luck

Squiffy Fri 11-Jan-19 12:17:26

I had my account hacked into a couple of years ago, so I understand how you feel, it's horrible!

I contacted Facebook 'Head Office' as I couldn't access my account in order to close and delete it.

Here's a link that may help:

en-gb.facebook.com/help/203305893040179?helpref=search&sr=1&query=hacked

Facebook did all the closing and deleting. Good luck!

annep Fri 11-Jan-19 12:43:29

Thanks everyone. Squiffy I will try that. For some reason I'm just not coping with this.

annep Fri 11-Jan-19 12:56:04

This link doesnt help. When I click on compromised it asks me to log in which I cant. wont let me. says it doesnt recognise my account. I can't find any way to contact facebook directly. Will ask my husband to try contacting them when he gets home. It worries me that my hotmail is connected to my Facebook. Oh dear. I just want to pull the duvet over my head and forget it all. lol. I think I should shower and get some fresh air. might help. sad

Squiffy Fri 11-Jan-19 13:13:53

annep Try this link instead:

www.facebook.com/hacked

annep Fri 11-Jan-19 13:28:08

thanks Squiffy.

NanaMacGeek Fri 11-Jan-19 15:03:15

I don't like to ask, but did you use the same password for your email account as your Facebook account? Could the hackers have taken over your FB account? Have you used the same password elsewhere (or a simple variation of it)? If you have, you should try and change that too.

Hopefully, FB systems have spotted an anomally and have blocked you.

annep Fri 11-Jan-19 19:21:08

Thanks Nana and everyone. I've changed as many as I can remember. will keep thinking. My son says not to worry because I've changed everything associated with koney and cancelked and asked for new cards. But not getting into facebook is a puzzle and I really need to delete it. I've got a friend who might be able to help tomorrow. thanks everyone.