Gransnet forums

Technology

Sound bar

(18 Posts)
Katyj Wed 06-Feb-19 12:18:03

Thanks everyone.looks like we'll be off shopping lol .

Scooter58 Tue 05-Feb-19 17:50:08

I have a Panasonic with Bluetooth which connects to tv,blue ray player etc,sound is really good for music etc

Buffybee Tue 05-Feb-19 16:57:27

Katyj, it was my Son who told me that the latest slimline televisions have rubbish speakers which distort sound with the volume turned up.
He came with me to get the sound bar and all the sound now comes through it and is so much clearer.
I'm no expert regarding which make or Whatever but my Samsung is very good. Son advised getting a good one or would be a waste of time.
Hope you can get one and it helps with your tinnitus.

MacCavity2 Tue 05-Feb-19 16:49:14

Hi Katyj I’ve got tinnitus and slight hearing loss so find the our sound bar helpful. But I still have to use the subtitles for american programs and when people talk too fast. Also drives me nuts when the camera shoots the back of the persons head whilst speaking. I’m getting too old for this.

B9exchange Tue 05-Feb-19 16:41:38

Sound definitely clearer, we have a Kr with bluetooth, which I think was good value at the time, not had any problems at all with it.

Katyj Tue 05-Feb-19 16:35:58

Hi, watching this thread with interest.I have tinnitus and some hearing loss, at the moment we have a Sony tv, but I'm finding it difficult to watch anything at the moment, I can only pick out, some words, and I'm rapidly losing interest.Would these sounds bars make the speech clearer because turning the TV volume up doesn't help .

MiniMoon Tue 05-Feb-19 15:47:29

We've just bought a new Samsung tv and soundbar. It's great, nobody is mumbling now!

Gonegirl Tue 05-Feb-19 14:05:18

No! Cos I'm saying the Sony one was crap. It is an anti-ad.

shock Maybe it's defamatory!

Buffybee Tue 05-Feb-19 13:39:23

Are you sure Gonegirl ?
You could be a major shareholder.
Thread Police alert ???

Gonegirl Tue 05-Feb-19 13:33:30

Ours, the one that was awful, was a Sony. It was speech it was bad for. Music might have been ok.

This is not an advert for Sony. So this post should be safe.

Buffybee Tue 05-Feb-19 13:30:25

I bought a Samsung sound bar recently and I can now watch films in Netflix without the sound being so distorted that I usually gave up halfway through.
It cost about £130 from Currys and I would definately recommend getting one.
I'm not a Currys shareholder so please, certain people, try to refrain from deleting this thread.

FlexibleFriend Tue 05-Feb-19 13:20:56

I've got a Panasonic with one wire but it's very powerful and would no doubt lift the roof if turned up to full volume. When I replace it I'll look at an LG which my son recently bought, it's wireless and connects via bluetooth and the tv and soundbar virtually set themselves up. The sound is wonderful.

Marydoll Mon 04-Feb-19 19:24:47

We have a Sonos bar, DH loves it. Our TV was linked to it and we played all our music through it from our Nas box.
We then moved the sound bar to another TV and now have a Sonos system with speakers in our living room.
I know nothing about the Nas box, that's DH's territory. I wouldn't dream of interfering with it! grin

The sound bar came from John Lewis , but the speakers came from Amazon.
I hope this doesn't get deleted for advertising! ??

Gonegirl Mon 04-Feb-19 18:23:54

We bought a sound bar when we bought our current tv. It was awful. Sounded like sound was coming from under a bucket. Pretty sure it was a Sony. We play our tv through a really good radio. Best sound ever. Not an expensive radio either.

fiorentina51 Mon 04-Feb-19 18:18:40

We have a Panasonic. The sound quality is great. My only quibble is all the wires attached to the various speakers. Might upgrade to a Bluetooth connection one day.

MacCavity2 Mon 04-Feb-19 17:39:06

Have had one for 5 years ours is Orbit. Was recommended because I have a hearing problem and told to turn bass down and treble up. Has helped me considerably.

crystaltipps Mon 04-Feb-19 17:31:47

We have a Sonos which is brilliant. You can link it to your phone/ iPad/ tv . Great sound.

ninathenana Mon 04-Feb-19 17:27:03

DS has requested one for his birthday. Does anyone have one, can you tell me what to look for when choosing one and are they worth it ?
He will be using it for music and gaming.
Thank you