Gransnet forums

Technology

iPhone update, help.

(3 Posts)
Missfoodlove Thu 14-Feb-19 12:41:01

Hi there, there is a free app called magic cleaner. This will free up some space.
If you store a lot of photos then download shoebox another free app. This will automatically store all photos and you can retreive them as you need from any device.
Clear all emails and any unwanted music, delete apps you do not use v
Delete old texts and what’s app chats v

grandtanteJE65 Thu 14-Feb-19 11:47:58

Sorry, haven't the foggiest. Is there someone near you who sells used phones? If so, go in and look helplessly at the young lad about the same age as your grandson standing behind the counter and get him to solve the problem.

I spent my late teens and early twenties playing little and helpless, and now play old and helpless. It works every time.

Howjado Wed 13-Feb-19 18:56:59

My iPhone is saying there is an update iOS 12.1.4 waiting to be installed later tonight. I put the phone on charge every night but it just does not update. This morning's message says there is not enough room for the update and to manage storage in settings. I have been into settings and discovered 15.5GB of 16GB Used. I have deleted unused apps and taken off some photos but about 75% of used storage is "Other". What is this and how do I get rid of it? Anybody know please?