Gransnet forums

Technology

Help! Group emails

(11 Posts)
Nandalot Fri 15-Feb-19 18:29:51

I wonder if anyone can help me before I tears all of my hair out. I sometimes do the scolding for our bridge club and want to send out the results on a group email. I use btinternet as my email. Two problems
1. I dutifully typed out the names using the contacts icon. However, these contact details appear nowhere else. I cannot send even an individual email to any of them.
2. I have managed to create a new group, but cannot find these names to put in it.
What have I done wrong?

Nandalot Fri 15-Feb-19 18:31:16

My goodness, tear not tears and I wouldn’t dare scold any of the bridge club members. Of course, I meant scoring.

dragonfly46 Fri 15-Feb-19 18:37:19

Sorry I use Google and it is easy on there.

Elegran Fri 15-Feb-19 19:08:14

Don't they even appear in "Address book" ? They do on mine. Or is it only because I have my emails sent to my PC? I have btinternet for my net access too.

Elegran Fri 15-Feb-19 19:15:09

To add people who have emailed YOU to your contacts, you open the message and click the + sign beside their emal address. That gives you the opportunity to add them as new contacts, then when you look at your contact list they are on it. I have just done this with someone.

Nandalot Fri 15-Feb-19 19:16:22

Hi, Elegran , silly question but where is the address book? Sounds like that’s what I need to use. I am using the PC for this rather than tablet.

Elegran Fri 15-Feb-19 19:21:12

But I have just tried adding a new contact who had NOT emailed me, and found it very confusing. She doesn't seem to be in my contacts list.

Elegran Fri 15-Feb-19 19:26:03

My address book is on a button in the menu bar at the top of the page, the one with "Get messages" and "Write" on it.
Have just thought, I use Thunderbird for email, your email program may be different. (Thunderbird is free, as is Firefox) You can add your own email accounts (bt, google etc) on Thunderbird Your messages are delivered to your PC and you can write emails without going on the internet.

Marydoll Fri 15-Feb-19 19:36:13

I use Live Mail on a PC, so I've taken a screenshot of where address book is.

It's hard to see, but if you click on the image, it will open up.

Farmor15 Fri 15-Feb-19 20:13:35

I also send group e-mails with bridge results and I’m secretary of another group to which I send emails. I use Gmail. Even if btinternet provides your internet you can still easily set up a Gmail account. You could name it [email protected] so other scorers could also use it. If you decide to set one up, you can give the members the address and ask them to send you an email. That way you can easily build your contacts list without having to type in all their addresses.

Unfortunately Gmail decides to “improve” every now and then, and I can’t do things the way I used to, and have to figure it out againconfused

Nandalot Fri 15-Feb-19 20:29:29

Thank you all for your replies. I shall try and process them all tomorrow when I feel fresher!