Gransnet forums

Technology

Help with logging on internet banking.

(8 Posts)
NanaMacGeek Tue 26-Feb-19 00:17:53

I'm sorry to be negative but no banking app, especially provided by one of the major banks, would ask for a 'value' to be typed into a login box - it should be clearly labelled 'User ID'. It could be that the app has been upgraded or that the app has not been optimised for your browser but unlikely.

Your banking User ID is part of your online identity and should be kept private. I would at least close my browser, then re-open it and try typing in the bank website again. Check for the padlock to show the connection is secure and if you get the same screen, I would contact the bank by phone and ask for their advice. At the very least, you will have reported a problem with their app to Lloyds.

GabriellaG54 Mon 25-Feb-19 22:55:13

BTW...the '*value*' would be your user ID.

GabriellaG54 Mon 25-Feb-19 22:52:10

If any website asks for a value, it's because you need to fill in a box.
Banking apps ask if you want to log on to the classic/website so there is every expectation that the website will ask if you want the app.
Apps are usually quicker and less fiddly to access but do not have as much detail.
I always use apps as that's all I need.

NanaMacGeek Sun 24-Feb-19 22:29:09

Don't type in any 'pink boxes' unless you are absolutely certain you are on you bank's website. If you are accessing your account from a tablet or mobile, there is nothing wrong with using the mobile app. If you are accessing your bank from a PC, your bank should recognise this and not offer you the mobile app. Do be careful about what information you provide. If you are unsure, phone your bank and ask for help, don't take any chances.

Lovetopaint037 Sun 24-Feb-19 21:33:49

Thank you so much BlueBelle. I will,look for the not now and will try typing in the pink box. It’s very kind of you to help. I will ring them if I have any more trouble.

BlueBelle Sun 24-Feb-19 18:17:53

if you click ‘log on to the website’ it should take you straight to the normal log on
I ve never had any pink boxes try typing your user name in the pink box and see what happens if not give them a ring they re very good and helpful sounds like you ve got a blip

BlueBelle Sun 24-Feb-19 18:09:04

There’s a little bit at the right bottom which says something like not now or not yet click on that and you ll go straight to the normal one It dies come up every time you log on though
I ll have a look now and tell you the exact words and place

Lovetopaint037 Sun 24-Feb-19 18:01:50

Have started this and pleased with my Lloyd’s log on with the exception of an annoying box which comes up offering me a mobile app. I definetly don’t want it but I can’t get rid of it. Within the box there is a offer to log on via the web but when this is pressed I get the user ID box in pink instead of blank. Next to it is an exclamation with directions to add a value. Haven’t a clue as to what this is. Can anyone help please? Thank you.