Gransnet forums

Technology

Can anyone help please?

(7 Posts)
SueH49 Wed 08-May-19 07:02:10

Thank you again NanaMacGeek (sorry about the typo above Deek)
Yes I have powered off my iPad several times. I had signed out of iCloud at sometime as I had to re sign in but to be honest I cannot remember signing out so perhaps I only had to sign in with my new password.

The Apple phone support may be an option for me. At least I have my iPhone which is working as it should be after to IOS upgrade.

NanaMacGeek Tue 07-May-19 15:19:02

Apple's telephone support is pretty good. They will phone you at the time you request.

I take it you have powered off your iPad (and back on again) at some stage during this process? I think that the problem is that you have iCloud (also using your Apple ID and password) running on your iPad which may be causing conflict. However, there are all sorts of warnings about losing all your photos etc if you sign out of iCloud and I wouldn't want to advise you to do that (if you sign back in to the same iCloud account, everything should be there again but if there is an issue with your password, it may not be).

I'm sure Apple support will help though.

SueH49 Tue 07-May-19 04:20:33

Thank you NanaMacDeek.
Unfortunately I have signed out of both but am not able to sign in again. when I go to Settings, FaceTine (or Messages) the sign in is not an option and at the top of the screen it says "Veryfing" At this stage I am not able to leave this screen.
After several minutes I get the message FaceTime Activation. Unable to contact the FaceTime server. Try again.

I think a trip to Apple is necessary. Sadly not one close by to me though.

Many thanks again for the suggestions. They are much appreciated.

NanaMacGeek Mon 06-May-19 15:33:33

Whatever happened with your upgrade, you will not be able to access FaceTime or iMessage now that you have changed your Apple ID password. Have you already shut down both apps and signed out of each app, then signed back in again using your Apple ID (email address) and new password?

I've just checked my automatic updates from the App store on my iPad and see that there was an update to iMessenger just 2 days ago. I couldn't see a recent update to FaceTime though. Have you tried opening the iMessenger updated app? You will have to sign in with your new password.

If none of this helps, you may have to delete each app (shut your iPad down and open it again to ensure the apps are gone), then download them again from the App Store and open them. Enter your Apple ID and revised password when requested. If this doesn't work, I think you will have to contact Apple.

If you don't know how to carry out some of these actions, you can google them or PM me. Apologies if you tried all this, it's difficult to work out how detailed advice should be.

SueH49 Mon 06-May-19 13:52:36

Thanks BlueBelle. Cannot understand why I'm having an issue. It's only on the iPad the iPhone updated and all is well.
I may have to visit an Apple Store.

BlueBelle Mon 06-May-19 06:54:09

If you have to do a factory restore you won’t lose all your photos and games books etc if you do a backup first
Sorry don’t know about the FaceTime and messenger bit though accept I ve had lots of blips with fb not accepting my password and often need to change it

SueH49 Mon 06-May-19 04:49:13

Hello everyone,
I have recently updated my iPad to IOS 12.2. Since doing this I am unable to open Face Time or iMessage. Both request a password but the password - yes the correct one - is not accepted. I have been able to sign into iCloud and using the same password. I have changed my password and this has been acknowledged by a message on the screen saying password changed. It only seems to be Facetime and iMessage that is presenting an issue.

I really do not want to have to restore to factory settings as I believe I would then loose all my photos and books etc. on the iPad.