Gransnet forums

Technology

Smart Doorbell

(5 Posts)
jeanie99 Sat 25-May-19 10:57:33

Does anyone have a smart doorbell?

Since our malicious damage this year I have been looking into security for the outside of our home.

Which in the June issue have a right up of the Nest Hello smart doorbell.
It is expensive but it does seem to allow viewing of people coming up to your door via your smart phone.

Would be interest to hear from anyone who has one.

FlexibleFriend Mon 27-May-19 14:59:38

For the price of a smart doorbell you could have cctv and view more than just who's at the door.

J52 Mon 27-May-19 15:32:23

We have a Hive camera trained on the door. It alerts your phone when someone approaches, you can see them and speak to them.

BradfordLass72 Tue 28-May-19 10:34:25

My son has set up cameras run by computer (of course) and he can view what's going on around their home, from anywhere, even at work many miles away.

He says this wasn't particularly expensive - but he installed it himself along with other security devices - maybe that's where the cost will come in - having a professional do it.

Can you have a pane of shatter-proof one-way glass put in your door with a light above? Sound much more cost effective.

jeanie99 Thu 30-May-19 19:57:06

Thanks everyone,
I have looked into security cameras and one company wouldn't site the camera out of reach where we wanted it. The other company would only fit a number of cameras and the cost was very expensive. A couple of companies just didn't turn up on the day they said.
We coouldn't fit the cameras ourselves we don't have the skill.