Gransnet forums

Technology

Deleted document in error Apple mac

(9 Posts)
Septimia Mon 12-Aug-19 20:29:29

It sounds like there's more going on than just accidentally deleting your typing.

The Apple shop might be able to help - you know you have to make an appointment, don't you? So it might be worth trying the helpline first.

I feel for you - my last Mac died suddenly on me and the faulty part (which had been replaced before) was no longer available. DH kindly bought me a new one..... he volunteered straight away and I nearly fainted from the shock of him spending money.

mrsmopp Mon 12-Aug-19 19:44:24

Bluebelle, there’s nothing at the bottom of the screen at all, it’s just blank.
Not looking good is it..
Thanks to all for your suggestions, it’s appreciated.

Treebee Mon 12-Aug-19 19:42:43

Um, have you tried turning it off and on again? Your document might reappear. Good luck.

BlueBelle Mon 12-Aug-19 18:40:21

If it’s in Pages hav3 you gone to the bottom where it says browse click into that and see a box on left hand side says ‘ recently deleted’ have you tried that one ?

mrsmopp Mon 12-Aug-19 18:32:28

No, I think it’s lost. I have pages on screen but nothing responding. I can’t see a proper curser, just a thing that looks like this, a capital I , and it doesn’t do anything.
All that work gone.
Across the top of screen it has Pages, File. Edit, Insert, Format, Arrange, View, Share Window, Help.
But nothing responds I can’t click on anything.
I could try the Apple shop tomorrow maybe.

libra10 Mon 12-Aug-19 18:07:45

Try either Ctrl & Z or Cmd & Z (Apple). Hit both keys together. If that doesn't work, try hitting the 'undo' a couple of times.

Might work, good luck!

pinkquartz Mon 12-Aug-19 18:03:50

On the toolbar is the edit button. It might be as simple as undo edit and it will reappear.
I am not an expert .
But hope that might help. I only a baby mac and it might also depend what OS you are using?

Septimia Mon 12-Aug-19 18:02:04

Try 'undo typing' ? In the menu along the top.

On mine, if I open a program (like Pages), previous documents I've opened come up on the screen.

If I think of anything else, I'll post again!

Good luck.

mrsmopp Mon 12-Aug-19 17:56:17

Please help. Spent ages typing a document, all ready to print. I wanted to change font size so selected all then the text has disappeared. It’s not in trash. .
All that work gone.
Can it possibly be recovered?