Gransnet forums

Technology

Does anyone know how to create a contacts group in Gmail?

(16 Posts)
sodapop Sun 12-Jul-20 08:46:50

Yes thank you GrandmaKT only just seen this - sorry.

avery55 Sun 12-Jul-20 00:55:11

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Persistentdonor Mon 14-Oct-19 08:22:19

Bopeep2 I would love to have a squint at your filing system grin though I do rather agree with you.

Bopeep2 Mon 14-Oct-19 08:10:28

Sanditon

Disappointed at the ending.

zaevion Mon 16-Sep-19 18:26:10

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Luckygirl Fri 06-Sep-19 22:26:15

Thanks everyone - I seem to have cracked it. The problem lay in the fact that the new version has moved the contacts tab - but I eventually tracked it down. smile

GrandmaKT Fri 06-Sep-19 16:57:03

To remove names from a group:

1. Go to Contacts
2. Select the group under 'Labels' on the left of the screen
3. Click on the box to the left of the names you want to remove from the group
4. Click on the 3 dots (more actions) above the list of names
5. Click on 'Remove from label'

Charleygirl5 Fri 06-Sep-19 14:05:50

sodapop that is also my problem- I thought it was me being tech challenged but maybe not!

sodapop Fri 06-Sep-19 12:48:27

I have the opposite problem, I have a lot of names which crop up all the time but I can't delete them. Even my tech savvy grandson couldn't do it.
Good luck with your group Luckygirl

Charleygirl5 Fri 06-Sep-19 12:29:24

I have Gmail and I have looked. I know zilch about it but as far as I can make out it happens automatically and every time I send an email that person is added to my contacts list.

Luckygirl if you had sent me an email before, and I wanted to get in touch all I have to do was to type in the first part of your email address and then other names similar to eg Josephine Bloggs will pop up such as a neighbour M. B***s.

Is this of any use or gobbledygook?

Missfoodlove Fri 06-Sep-19 12:25:00

If you haven’t done so download the GMail app. The icon is a red and white envelope.
Go into the settings from the menu on top left.
Click on to the relevant email account.
Now click on manage account.
Scroll from right to left and click on people and sharing. ??

GrandmaKT Fri 06-Sep-19 12:23:38

Hi, you can find Contacts by clicking on Google Apps (The 9 little dots at the top right of your Gmail page)

Luckygirl Fri 06-Sep-19 12:09:21

When in doubt......ask a young person!

glammanana Fri 06-Sep-19 11:46:38

Luckygirl When ever I have something like that to do the first stop is one of my very technically minded grandchildren they can sort it very quickly. Well worth a try.

Alima Fri 06-Sep-19 11:35:53

No, sorry, hate gmail, DH uses it. Could try seeing if there’s a video about it on u tube, often helps to see what they are on about.

Luckygirl Fri 06-Sep-19 10:29:26

I have googled this and it just tells you to start by going into the contacts page - which I cannot find!