Gransnet forums

Technology

Blinking Apple

(7 Posts)
mrsmopp Tue 29-Oct-19 16:20:32

My son shares his photos with me on my iPad. Fine, but I don’t really want to keep them all, just keep the ones I like. Trying to see how to do this without him knowing as I think they will delete from his folder too, which I don’t want. I do like my iPad but it doesn’t always do what I want.
I looked at instructions and it said Right click this and double click that... (how?) I’m a bit dim I think...

crazyH Tue 29-Oct-19 16:28:30

Mrsmopp, I dont think you can delete them if they are 'shared' by your son via Cloud - unless someone else knows different. I have thousands (slight exaggeration) shared by one son, but the other son just sends me photos via whatsapp and then I save what I want and the rest I delete. No one will know. I would have preferred if the other son did the same, but I dare not ask him. He has a very short fuse ?

mrsmopp Tue 29-Oct-19 16:48:15

Exactly my situation! I get loads of images of scenery, and people I don’t know, which I don’t want to keep. I have enough of my own stuff on here without adding all these others.
In the old days we just used to email photos. Much easier!
Seems there is no way round it. I’m glad it’s not just me!

WOODMOUSE49 Tue 29-Oct-19 18:31:04

Create a folder/album and put the ones you don't want to see in there.
If you use Photos - down the left - it say My Albums +. Click on the + sign. Give it a name and put the photos in there. At least then they are hidden (of sorts!)

Right click brings up a menu for PCs . With Apple you hold first 2 fingers down on the pad, that gives you a menu.

CrazyH is right. Delete them and he will loose them on iCloud. It will tell you that, as a warning, if you try.

Good luck

mrsmopp Wed 30-Oct-19 10:21:37

Thanks for the advice, I needed that. I’m going to have to ask him not to use this sharing thing. Why would anyone want to use the share if the recipient is then stuck with unwanted photos.? Dozens of photos of his dog! It beats me!
Anyway, thanks again!

Lovetopaint037 Thu 21-Nov-19 18:46:23

You can air drop between iPads. That way you only get what you want. You have to be physically close to do this.

Lovetopaint037 Thu 21-Nov-19 19:22:22

If you have family sharing can you turn off the photo sharing?