Gransnet forums

Technology

No ITV channels

(8 Posts)
korol Thu 21-Nov-19 17:37:09

We decided to take advantage of new technologies. My husband and I bought the MAG425A www.infomir.eu/eng/products/android-stb/mag425A/ with a built-in Wi-Fi module. We watch any channels without problems in good quality.

Doodledog Fri 15-Nov-19 01:26:29

There was an update at midnight on 13th November, and TVs all have to be retuned for that. I think it has something to do with 5G, but that may be wrong.

Anyway, it's nothing difficult, you just retune your TV, and if you have a set-top box or PVR such as a Humax, you retune that.

When I did it, a couple of channels had disappeared, but they came back when I did it again. I also lost a couple of things I had set to record (BBC4 very late/after midnight) as the signal must have gone by that time. All is well now, though.

BlueBelle Thu 14-Nov-19 22:09:35

I often have to do a channel update as some disappear but it only takes two minutes to do a retune

NanKate Thu 14-Nov-19 22:05:54

Did you know Ayse that you can download the Freeview app onto your IPad which will keep you going until you sort out your TV?

Charleygirl5 Thu 14-Nov-19 21:52:42

I was notified months ago to re-tune but I did zilch. I am like you, I have terrestrial with Freeview. So far it has been okay.

EllanVannin Thu 14-Nov-19 21:47:06

I still can't get channel 7 which is the Liverpool one-----and it's only over the water !

SonnyM55 Thu 14-Nov-19 21:21:38

No point watching ITV anymore after they axed Jeremy Kyle. thats the best tv show ever created

ayse Wed 13-Nov-19 19:14:35

Just come back and had to retune. We were notified on the TV earlier this week.

I live in the NE and have terrestrial not satellite freeview. Has any one else here got this problem?