Gransnet forums

Technology

Can I delete from the cloud

(8 Posts)
jeanie99 Fri 22-Nov-19 09:05:09

A message came saying my Icloud was full. I don't particularly want to start paying so:
Is it possible to view and delete items within the cloud, I have no idea about this at all.
Thank you

Katyj Fri 22-Nov-19 09:40:16

Oh watching with interest.My I pad can't back up because cloud is full, I have deleted 250 photos but still saying can't back up ?

Welshwife Fri 22-Nov-19 10:34:28

I decided that I couldn’t be bothered with all that so went with increasing my iCloud volume - I pay 99p a month and get a huge amount more. Well worth it.

Urmstongran Fri 22-Nov-19 10:38:57

Me too Welshwife I’ve paid the 99p a month for the last 5 years. It’s never gone up and I’ve not had to delete anything.

NanaandGrampy Fri 22-Nov-19 11:20:01

Yes you can delete from the cloud but I do so by logging onto my laptop going to www.icloud.com . Once logged on you can view everything you have saved in the cloud and delete what you want but bear in mind it’s not recoverable . I download into a file anything I want to keep and delete everything else .

jeanie99 Fri 22-Nov-19 16:58:58

So NannaandGrampy the next question is
So how do I download from the cloud?
This is such an amazing site with all you helpful people.

NanaandGrampy Fri 22-Nov-19 21:38:19

?I download onto my laptop for storage . If you have a laptop you go to the site www.icloud.com . You log on using the same credentials you use on your iPad/phone or tablet. It then shows you all the ares such as photos, diary, etc . You open the area you’re interested in and you can click on one or more pictures and select the download button .

I think you can do the same on an iPad by downloading the app but I’m not so sure about that .

jeanie99 Thu 28-Nov-19 09:11:46

Thanks so much for the information NanaanGrampy.