Gransnet forums

Technology

TV Pixellating

(5 Posts)
Calendargirl Mon 02-Dec-19 18:55:21

Thanks all. DH spent ages yesterday swapping cables, aerial points, all a mystery to me. Ended up with no picture anywhere, not even pixelated!
Today he’s moved the wall tv from the dining room to bedroom, seemed ok when he switched it on, so will see later this evening if I can get Coronation Street.
I don’t ask for much in life, but do like a telly that works!

callgirl1 Mon 02-Dec-19 18:04:26

My TV did it for ages, one repair man told me to unplug the dvd player from the TV, it stopped for a while, but came back, but after having a new aerial for the first time since the mid 8os, it`s definitely stopped.

Gfplux Mon 02-Dec-19 17:38:39

Cables can be the issue.
If you have a Satelite dish it can be the LNB (the thing on the end that sticks out) getting old or the dish slightly out of alignment. With digital broadcasts now via Satelite the dish has to point very precisely at the correct spot in the sky.

tanith Fri 29-Nov-19 13:00:16

My main tv started it doing this the other week, after unplugging and plugging back in everything I discovered it was the aerial, I’d moved the tv unit when cleaning and the cable was in a different position from normal so the plug in bit wasn’t sitting square and not connecting properly it’s fine since I sorted it.
I hope it’s as simple for you.

Calendargirl Fri 29-Nov-19 12:30:27

Not sure if I’ve spelled it correctly. My tv in the spare bedroom, the one I mainly watch, has started pixellating. DH is going to check the cables properly later, as that often seems to be a cause of it. Would a new set top box help, as the existing one is quite old? I suppose the tv is a few years old also, and wonder if we ought to lash out on a new one, but would rather ‘manage’ if possible as I just don’t really want to replace stuff unless necessary.