Gransnet forums

Technology

Kindle and Amazon Prime

(9 Posts)
Sussexborn Sat 18-Jan-20 15:59:09

Has anyone tried to download a book with the new “improved” Amazon Prime and does anyone know if you can get rid of this part of the package?

I’ve wasted hours today going round in circles being offered thousands of books that are of zero interest yet being unable to find the books that I bought before Christmas.

I came close to smashing my iPad on the corner of a bookcase which is totally out of character! Eventually I gave up fearing my blood pressure would cause an explosion. Picked up my mobile to check for messages and found my new books are all on the phone!

Why can’t we be given an option to refuse all of these improvements? Life would be so much simpler!

Doodledog Sat 18-Jan-20 17:32:05

When you buy a kindle book you are given the option of downloading it to any of your devices. If you click the relevant box on Amazon to get it to your iPad, it will download to there, or you can go to the Cloud on your iPad and download it from there.

cliford Sat 23-May-20 01:52:01

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

rosecarmel Sat 23-May-20 02:19:04

I've not encountered a new and improved version- Currently, my library has two categories: ebooks and audible- The audible stored in one section and the ebooks another-

What happens when you click on the books "icon" on your desktop?

AdelaHelen Wed 06-Jan-21 08:32:37

DeliVent Mon 25-Jan-21 10:23:43

Airedale19 Tue 02-Feb-21 12:50:16

Access your amazon account and then change the setting which determines the device on which you wish to download your kindle books.

Meanwhile, you can just search for those books you want on your iPad and they will automatically download. The same would also apply if you wanted them downloaded to a kindle.

Lovetopaint037 Fri 02-Apr-21 09:44:03

You need to download the kindle app of course if you want Amazon books on your iPad.
Mystified by the above messages deleted by Gransnet? What on earth could anyone say that needs deleting on such a subject.

Floradora9 Fri 02-Apr-21 10:57:36

If you have a Kindle the books just go to the cloud from where you download then .