Gransnet forums

Technology

Photography cheat sheets-anyone know?

(5 Posts)
HettyMaud Wed 04-Mar-20 13:09:02

Am new to digital photography and enjoying it very much. There are lots of online "cheat sheets" explaining what settings to use and when. But ALL of these have to be printed off. This would cost a fortune in ink and would wear out my printer I'm sure. Is it possible to BUY these sheets I wonder? My memory being what it is, I'd love to have some to carry around to help me set up a good shot.

B9exchange Wed 04-Mar-20 22:34:57

I'm genuinely puzzled, why would you want anyone to print off huge anounts of instructions using a large quantity of paper for you to buy, when they are available online for free and you could choose just to print out any page that interests you? I am sure you must have good reasons, but at the moment I don't understand, must be me being thick at this time of night? grin

Printer ink can be expensive, but if you look for cartridges compatible with your printer you can just pay a fraction of the branded ones, and they work just as well?

BlueBelle Wed 04-Mar-20 22:40:30

I agree with most of your post B9 except that some of the newer models of printers have been made so they won’t accept Compatibles mine won’t unfortunately
However I agree I m not sure why you need to print loads off why not just copy out any relevant settings etc in a note pad surely you dont want to carry around loads of print offs with you when you go out shooting?

Oopsadaisy3 Wed 04-Mar-20 22:46:16

Why not download the info onto your phone and carry the phone with you? You can look at it as you go.
My printer won’t take the unbranded inks either.

CanadianGran Wed 04-Mar-20 22:57:22

Can you look for a photography book or magazine to carry with you? Or as the others said, just print out the ones you need for now.

You could also save the page digitally under your favourites on your phone or tablet. I can't see flipping through loose pages while out on a photo shoot. That would be annoying.