Gransnet forums

Technology

Small Electronic Thesaurus, Dictionary, Spellchecker.

(7 Posts)
Auntieflo Thu 19-Mar-20 19:33:59

Yes, I am, more or less central Berks.
I put in a new battery, and now must remember to use it.
I have a stash of big crossword books, so when bored, could tackle one, but they are addictive. (As is Gransnet)

NanKate Thu 19-Mar-20 11:10:21

Brill thanks Auntieflo.

Am I right you are in the next County to me ? I am on the borders of Berkshire and Oxfordshire here in Bucks ?

Auntieflo Thu 19-Mar-20 10:30:27

NanKate. I found it! but I think it needs a new battery now.
Here are a couple of photos.

NanKate Thu 19-Mar-20 09:10:32

Thanks Auntieflo for your detailed reply ! Yes I too have many drawers filled with junk/treasures.

Thanks Jane10. I have a smart phone so I will investigate that too.

Jane10 Thu 19-Mar-20 08:27:55

Does your phone not offer these? I don't need another device as my smartphone does it all.

Auntieflo Thu 19-Mar-20 08:27:12

NanKate, are you sitting comfortably?

I am sitting in bed, with my first cup of tea of the day, and your post reminded me that I had one of these.
So, opened my bedside cupboard drawer to see what the make is/was.
No little device to be seen.
Took out drawer and found the instruction booklet.
This tells me that it is a Franklin Collins English Dictionary with Thesaurus. (but it doesn't tell me where it is)
The instructions tell me; The Function Keys, How to get started, Replace the Battery. (But not where it is)
I can Set the Clock, Find Dictionary Entries, Thesaurus Entries, the list goes on...
You get the drift.
So, when I rouse myself , I shall look in the kitchen drawer. You know the one, the one that holds everything that has no other specific place.
I will let you know if I find it!
But, when I did use it, it was very good.
Apologies for all the waffle. The boredom has got to me.grin

NanKate Thu 19-Mar-20 07:57:11

Do any if you have this small handheld device. I am considering buying one as my friend uses hers all the time ? I’m considering getting one to help me with crosswords.