Gransnet forums

Technology

YouTube

(8 Posts)
NanKate Fri 10-Apr-20 15:19:20

Have any of you signed on with YouTube? I think it is free. I want to do this so that I can respond to contributors.

Ilovecheese Sat 11-Apr-20 10:35:49

I just look at the videos on UTube, I have never signed on or signed up in any way.

Marydoll Sat 11-Apr-20 10:37:22

I just log on to see things. I have never signed up.

MiniMoon Sat 11-Apr-20 10:46:57

I've signed in with YouTube. It is free, it means you can comment on videos, and set up your own channel.
I've subscribed to a few channels, Jeanne Robertson for one, and (dont laugh) Einstein parrot.
I also love Buon a Pettiti, the Italian grandma's cooking channel.

NanKate Sat 11-Apr-20 14:25:46

Thanks I shall sign up later today. ?

rosenoir Sat 11-Apr-20 15:18:00

I sign in,on my TV, so that if I am watching a series or a film it continues where I left off.

MiniMoon Sat 11-Apr-20 15:30:30

Me too rosenoir, I forgot to mention it above.

Grandad1943 Sat 11-Apr-20 16:08:25

We have YouTube premium which gives all videos without advertisements. However, it also has YouTube Music which contains many concerts etc along with playlists in similar fashion to Spotify with the exception it is video recordings of the artists. Google play music is also included in the foregoing.

YouTube Premium also has Google's own version of Netflix by way of making its own programming. It is a fledgeling service at the present, but probably will develop further with more time.

The cost is around £13 UK per month but it is a superb service for music lovers.