Gransnet forums

Technology

I had to wait until he went to bed to...

(13 Posts)
EllanVannin Wed 15-Apr-20 10:39:04

Beat this. My TV is about 4 years old, if that, and it was only a few weeks ago that I found the slot for DVD's ! gringrin

Nortsat Wed 15-Apr-20 10:27:09

I hate our Humax and I hate all the remotes... and I can’t work them ... and they get on my bl**dy nerves ...?

MiniMoon Wed 15-Apr-20 10:22:58

Humax Freesat box. We can barely receive any tv signal through the aerial here, so need a satellite tv of some sort. Sky became very expensive, we hardly watched it, so I bought a freesat box.
We bought our new television in February and it came with a smart remote designed to control everything. I worked at it yesterday evening and managed to get it sorted.

midgey Wed 15-Apr-20 09:30:20

Brilliant work Mini, could you pop over and fix the remote on my reclining chair? It’s stuck in a very silly position so is no useless.

Sparklefizz Wed 15-Apr-20 09:27:29

I am clearly a tech idiot .... what is a Humax?

wildswan16 Wed 15-Apr-20 08:00:25

Well done for persevering. We all need an acknowledgement of our achievements from time to time !

I have no idea what you are talking about but it sounds very complicated and you are obviously a tech genius!

(I hope DH appreciates you)

NanKate Wed 15-Apr-20 07:44:09

We’ve just bought a new singing and dancing TV which we intend to link up to our Humax tomorrow. I expect it will take us a good few hours to get everything working.

The telly has all the apps on that I have on my IPad so I would imagine I will have to log in all my passwords to get it up and running on our new device.

I expect there will be some heated words from me but I am determined to get it all working.

Wish me luck.

shysal Wed 15-Apr-20 07:34:42

Well done you! When my old Humax remote played up, I bought a new one.

PageTurner Wed 15-Apr-20 04:16:11

Congratulations, MiniMoon
That is a great accomplishment. For some reason, I have a phobia about any remote control. I guess it is because I invariably push the wrong button and then find I can't get back to where I was, or end up in a never-ending loop?

BradfordLass73 Wed 15-Apr-20 00:19:45

Oh, very well done!

Especially as you had to do a lot of research to find out how to do it. You're obviously a persevering soul smile

MiniMoon Wed 15-Apr-20 00:01:47

Oh, believe me, I tried every fix available. Buttons that don't work are, back, 6, 7, and, most annoyingly TV Guide, there are more but I can't think which ones. My first thought was the batteries, but it's not that.
DH wants to buy a new remote, but I'll teach him how to use the smart remote and see how he manages, he's a bit of a technophobe, and doesn't like change.

Welshwife Tue 14-Apr-20 23:55:38

If our Humax box remote stops working I turn off the main plug for a couple of minutes and when I put it on again all is OK.

MiniMoon Tue 14-Apr-20 23:25:13

Set up the OneRemote, to control both the TV and Freesat box.
Now I am flushed with success, and proud of myself.
It took a lot of searching for model numbers, serial numbers etc., but I got there in the end.
I was getting really annoyed with the remote for the Humax box as several of the buttons no longer work.

Now I have voice control.

Just that really, I dont need any replies, I just wanted to tell someone. grin