Gransnet forums

Technology

Virgin media

(11 Posts)
mrsmopp Fri 01-May-20 12:50:29

Anyone else had trouble with Virgin media? They suddenly decided to cut us off didn’t recognize security answers, told me my date of birth was incorrect it’s been a total pain. You can’t go to their shop, you can’t phone them...
Customer service has gone out the window.
They don’t forget to bill me every month though.
That bit always works.
DH managed to sort it after we both had a nervous breakdown. I hate it when these things go wrong.

rosenoir Fri 01-May-20 13:18:57

There has been problems country wide for the last few days.
They seem to reply quickly on Twitter but the reply is usually"our engineers are working on it".

So frustrating.

Sussexborn Fri 01-May-20 13:22:04

We had slight issues but others round here have had serious problems.

Have you looked on their website?

mrsmopp Fri 01-May-20 15:13:14

Yes they say go to virgin media.com/help except it doesn’t! They tried to tell me my date of birth and mothers name were wrong too. Absurd.

Pittcity Fri 01-May-20 15:21:06

We've had a lot of trouble this week. One morning we had no internet for hours. You can't get through to anyone. I ended up chatting to a computer that kept asking the same question over and over.
I got help using the Virgin online community...link on Virgin website.
For a communication company their communication is appalling. I've heard that call centre staff have been furloughed to save money rather than working from home.

TrendyNannie6 Fri 01-May-20 15:27:32

We had trouble with ours the other Day and then read in the newspaper the following day that virgin media were having issues, ours has been ok since

Jane43 Fri 08-May-20 18:10:26

They have been hopeless for us since we joined them in June last year. We have a poor signal in some rooms and they have been no help at all apart from sending us boosters that don’t work, we bought our own from Amazon. We often lose the signal in the afternoon. We will be moving away from them when our contract finishes in June.

Pittcity Fri 08-May-20 19:18:05

They are supposed to be merging with O2. I don't know if this is good or not?

Lovetopaint037 Fri 15-May-20 10:05:38

That is terrible. We depend entirely on the internet for shopping etc. We have had breaks in service until recently when they gave us a new super hub which has improved things. However, we have lots of breaks which last a few hours at a time. When it is our telephone I have to use my mobile to ask my daughter to ring them as she is the only person I know who has them. The message is usually “an engineer is on his way”. However, my daughter still maintains they are the best.

rofot Sat 20-Jun-20 23:43:51

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Bathsheba Sun 21-Jun-20 09:35:36

Reported