Gransnet forums

Technology

Apple Keyboard anyone?

(6 Posts)
honibom Sun 02-Aug-20 15:51:33

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

PamelaJ1 Wed 17-Jun-20 13:47:38

I love my little keyboard and my wireless mouse that does right click.
Until the connection is lost?Then I have a plug-in mouse as a stand by.

HappyChris Wed 17-Jun-20 12:54:52

I'm guessing your Mac is an iMac and not a laptop. Since you have it, persevere with the rather little keyboard that came with it - it is lovely and quiet, has all the Apple-only keys and feels fine once you've got over the (comparatively) cramped layout.
You can also buy a full-sized, wired Apple keyboard complete with numerical keyboard on the right (A1243) or similar WiFi one on eBay. Apple don't make them any more, I think.

cornergran Wed 27-May-20 15:06:54

I’ve used the iMac keyboard for three years. It was the cause of much frustration in the early days. Much easier once I found a metal ruler to put under the back and give it just the right amount of slope. I quite like it now. On the other hand the keyboard on the iPad remains a source of much muttering.

Our same age Apple mouse will right click. In the alternative world of Apple I think it’s called secondary click. The ever helpful call centre talked me through setting it up. From memory it was via Apple menu, system menu, mouse. Although I could be having a memory failure. grin.

Good luck smile.

Floradora9 Wed 27-May-20 14:42:54

I find my apple keyboard OK though it is smaller than the one before . The cordless mouse was no use because you cannot right click on it . Just keep trying for a week or so .

dragonfly46 Wed 27-May-20 11:08:42

I have an Apple Mac computer and up til now I have been using a bog standard cheap keyboard but not the letters have rubbed off. I dug out the Apple one which came with the computer but I am really struggling. It is far too small and the keys are close together.

Has anyone else found this and bought a good substitute?