Gransnet forums

Technology

Smallest Win10 possible?

(5 Posts)
reniwqwil5 Sat 01-Aug-20 06:07:28

Hello everyone,

I was thinking about my SSD and how its only a small one with about 120GB space. My current Windows 10 install takes up about 90GBs. I remember the fresh, clean OS being only around 10GB big, but the updates and all that jazz inflate the usage like crazy. I'm looking for the smallest possible install of Windows 10 so I can use the rest of the SSD for personal use and programs. I'm into gaming and so require the whole graphics/support and framework jam. I'd really like to have a updated Win10 which doesnt exceed the 20GB mark. My specs are decent, being a Ryzen 2600x, 16GB Ram with a GTX 1660S. Any suggestions, tips and general comments are very welcomed. Sorry if this reads like hot garbage but english isnt my first language, im on phone and this just randomly came into my mind while falling asleep lol. Reading everything when I wake up and looking forward to respond.

B9exchange Sat 01-Aug-20 12:23:34

Not that I know of, if you found an old version it would only spend ages updating itself, unless you turned the updates off, which would be a dangerous thing to do.

Could you put in a bigger SSD? That would be my first thought.

Also 16Gb memory seems very small for gaming, a memory upgrade might help too?

reniwqwil5 Sat 01-Aug-20 23:05:49

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

yagode Sat 03-Oct-20 23:00:07

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MawB2 Sat 03-Oct-20 23:33:22

I don’t understand a single word of the preceding posts

?la la la la la?

All I would add is that size isn’t everything