Gransnet forums

Technology

Spam has attached to my Dh’s calendar on his iPad.

(5 Posts)
Lovetopaint037 Thu 11-Mar-21 13:37:14

Thank you all for answering. Blossoming. I did as you said and saw something with a lot of letters etc that I didn’t recognise. Perhaps that was it! So I deleted the account as we don’t use the calendar and if it attracts spam as it did on my iPad as well feel we are better off without it. Thank you so much. I am crossing fingers that it doesn’t appear again.
Thank you * Casdon* for your suggestion. That is also useful.

Blossoming Thu 11-Mar-21 12:54:09

Go into ‘Settings’ on the iPad. Scroll down to Calendar, then tap on Accounts. Any ‘rogue’ calendars that you’ve inadvertently subscribed to will be listed here and you can delete them.

Casdon Thu 11-Mar-21 12:53:33

I’ve had this, and the only way to resolve it was to wipe and reset my iPad. All the apps etc. reloaded, so there was no problem doing it that way.

Baggs Thu 11-Mar-21 12:45:07

Report to Apple.

Lovetopaint037 Thu 11-Mar-21 12:41:21

It keeps appearing and I know we mustn’t delete it as it will attract more spam. This happened to me so Ijust deleted the calendar app.and all was well. However, I did this for dh as either of us use it anyway. The problem persists, constant drop downs so I looked at his iCloud apps in settings and switched the calendar off. I read somewhere that we can report junk but cannot see how I do that. Dh is not technically all and says don’t worry about it. They will give up! Can’t see that happening. Would be so grateful if there is a straight forward way to get rid of it. I looked on line and there are videos but the instructions were given at break neck speed and the images were so small I couldn’t get anything from them but a headache,