Gransnet forums

Technology

New tablet

(7 Posts)
sodapop Fri 09-Apr-21 09:48:23

Thanks everyone I've managed to install it now. My phone has appeared on my new device I didn't do that. I can make calls from my tablet now. I find tech scary at times.?

Blossoming Thu 08-Apr-21 22:12:59

Sorry, only contact number I have is in Canada. I expect you’ve already gone through the usual steps, but here they are just in case.

help.yahoo.com/kb/fix-issues-receiving-verification-code-sln3139.html

Blossoming Thu 08-Apr-21 22:02:40

Ok, I was asking because I think you may find it through another path. I’ll ask around, I seem to remember reading something in tech news.

Humbertbear Thu 08-Apr-21 21:52:05

Yahoo may have been bought out but it is still going strong and I use it for all my email. I originally started using it because it was compatible with whatever phone I had at the time.
Soda pop - can you contact yahoo for help?

sodapop Thu 08-Apr-21 19:58:16

Yahoo Mail Blossoming haven't got the energy to change everything. I have a separate Google account for my volunteer job.

Blossoming Thu 08-Apr-21 17:57:53

I thought Yahoo had been bought out, I haven’t used it for years. What do you use it for?

sodapop Thu 08-Apr-21 17:52:22

I've got a new tablet and setting it up is driving me mad. I've managed to transfer a lot of info from my old tablet but trying to reinstall Yahoo is a nightmare.
I need a verification code and the window is three minutes. Despite many attempts the code has not come through either to my mobile or Google account.
I'm lying down in a darkened room with a large G&T angry