Gransnet forums

Technology

Oppo phones

(9 Posts)
B9exchange Mon 10-May-21 16:19:46

I wouldn't touch them because of security issues. Google is pulling its apps from Huawei phones, and I would think will be considering doing this for other Chinese phones as well.

^A 2012 U.S. congressional report labelled Huawei a national-security threat, saying its equipment could allow China to spy or disable telecommunications networks. Smaller U.S. carriers use Huawei gear, but the report made it politically difficult for bigger ones, such as AT&T Inc., to do so.
Chinese server every 72 hours, the software was found on ZTE, Oppo and Huawei smartphones.^

Blossoming Mon 10-May-21 16:08:42

They’re no use to me, I don’t have the manual dexterity or vision to get much use out of smartphones, my iPad mini has all the features I need and my faithful old Nokia for emergency calls.

Visgir1 Mon 10-May-21 16:01:40

Typing this on a Oppo phone. Absolutely no problem with a good camera, almost identical spec to similar Samsung, which I originally planned to buy. Really like this phone.
John Lewis sell them and comes out very well on Reviews
Have recommended to friends, good value and excellent quality 5G phone

Silvergirl Mon 10-May-21 15:55:27

My husband has an Oppo and finds it really good for everything. Excellent value for money.

toscalily Mon 10-May-21 14:46:53

This might help you: www.techradar.com/uk/news/best-oppo-phones

Shelflife Mon 10-May-21 13:49:08

I have an oppo phone , love, it no problems whatsoever . My opo does everything I want it too. No regrets on my purchase.

keepingquiet Mon 10-May-21 13:21:45

I bought an Oppo last year because they were value for money. Had no problems with it at all. I don't see the point of paying more for something that does the same thing but I'm no tech expert.

Chestnut Mon 10-May-21 12:54:06

I've no idea what an Oppo phone is but if you Google 'Oppo phone' you will find your answers. It says:
Oppo phones have mediocre phone specs compared to its price. With the same money, you can buy a higher specs phone, or save significant money if you buy the same specs phone from another company. Oppo frequently uses an outdated MediaTek processor. MediaTek processors are known for poor quality.

Scullion52 Mon 10-May-21 12:40:54

Are they crap for internet,are more expensive Samsung better?