Gransnet forums

Technology

Contents of old broken iPad

(10 Posts)
irepairguys Wed 09-Aug-23 08:53:49

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Crystal46 Mon 31-May-21 23:28:30

Thank you everyone for your very helpful advice. I’ll look into the options. X

BlueBelle Sat 29-May-21 20:16:30

Apple are really really helpful if you just ring them up, if you need to go to the shop you have to have an appointment but they are trained in a very helpful and kind manner.
I also finding googling a question can often give me the answers or a ‘how to’ you tube to watch

Sago Sat 29-May-21 20:12:27

It should all be on your iCloud.
Just log in from another device and retrieve.

DillytheGardener Sat 29-May-21 20:10:30

I used Ontrack UK to retrieve my data from an iphone that had about 6 years worth of photos on it. It cost a bomb but the memories were irreplaceable. I wouldn’t do any of the ‘hacks’ online as apparently that can make it more difficult to retrieve your data. If you pay to get it back make sure you go to one when you only pay if they get your data back.

Katie59 Sat 29-May-21 20:06:07

You say it is broken, what has happened

You can certainly delete all the information and have a clean start, but it has to charge and the screen light up.

NotSpaghetti Sat 29-May-21 19:08:07

I've found them really helpful on the chat service.

Good luck

Humbertbear Sat 29-May-21 18:21:22

Before you book an appointment to see an expert at an Apple store why don’t you do a live chat with them and see what they say?

B9exchange Sat 29-May-21 17:49:29

I am not an Apple expert, suggest you could take it to your nearest repair centre and ask if they could get the data off for you? eg www.itechnician.co.uk/apple-device-repair-centres/

Crystal46 Sat 29-May-21 17:37:51

Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to retrieve material from my broken iPad? I’ve been told that it could be workable again if all info was scrapped, but that was a couple of years ago. I’m specifically thinking of Pages app before it became attached to iCloud.