Gransnet forums

Technology

Camera on my laptop isn't working any more.

(7 Posts)
Lolo81 Thu 16-Sep-21 22:11:35

Can you do a system reboot (should be in the settings bit) which will restore it to a point in time when the laptop was functioning properly?

Silverbridge Thu 16-Sep-21 20:55:06

Try this video of how to fix a Lenovo laptop camera:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_hucSz3mQI

Hithere Thu 16-Sep-21 19:06:41

Could be an upgrade to any software, operating system, drivers, etc.

Hard to say from the info given in the OP

Shelbel Thu 16-Sep-21 18:53:16

Have you updated drivers at all? There coukd be a problem with the camera driver.

Blossoming Thu 16-Sep-21 18:36:34

You may have a virus. You should run a full system scan. Also make sure you have installed any system updates. This sounds like something more serious than a camera fault.

NotSpaghetti Thu 16-Sep-21 17:53:47

My mother-in-law has a clip-on-camera now for when she zooms. Her camera is defunct according to my son who kindly spent hours on it.
She doesn't have the "jumping about" thing though.
I expect it may well need replacing but might be worth calling a repair person for info and potentially fixing.

ExDancer Thu 16-Sep-21 17:25:28

I tried to take a photo of my garden today, but when I switched my laptop to Camera mode it showed a little icon of a camera but with a diagonal cross through it.
There's nothing at all on the screen except this little icon.

How can I fix it?

I must say its behaving quite strangely at the moment, type jumping all over the place, the screen size jumping from 100% to 25% resolution, or the curser suddenly disappearing when I'm tying and reappearing on an advert or similar.

Its lenovo V110, 4 or 5 years old (my grandson says its ancient and should be replaced, but thats grandsons for you!) but I don't want to lose my photo function.

Anyone any ideas? I have kaspersky protection.