Gransnet forums

Technology

I've forgotten (!) how to set up a new email

(5 Posts)
Grannynannywanny Wed 16-Mar-22 20:22:06

Sorry ExDancer I’m not sure about that as my tech knowledge is extremely limited. Hopefully someone more clued up will be along to give good advice.

ExDancer Wed 16-Mar-22 19:58:28

I've just checked it, thank you.
I think I need to be using her computer, not my own, that may be the problem. I was sitting here at home, using my own tablet - could that be my mistake?

Libman Wed 16-Mar-22 18:48:43

Or this?

www.einsteinmed.edu/WorkArea/help/Getting%20Started/login/hotmail-signup.html

I hadn’t realised that Hotmail had changed.

Grannynannywanny Wed 16-Mar-22 18:44:48

Is this any use ExDancer?

support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-create-a-new-microsoft-account-a84675c3-3e9e-17cf-2911-3d56b15c0aaf

ExDancer Wed 16-Mar-22 18:25:37

I have a friend who doesn't use email. Her grandkids have tried to persuade her but she refuses, because she says she feels humiliated when they try to arrange it for her. However she jumped at the idea when I showed her how mine worked and when I offered to start her off with a Hotmail account.
BUT I can't for the life of me remember how I set up my present address, and try as I will I just don't seem to be accessing the right pages.
I'm typing into Google "create email address" - then up pops a list of services, but they all seem to want to set up business accounts, because after asking for her name the next question is "job position" and "company name"
I've spent hours this afternoon to the point where I have a blinding headache.
Where am I going wrong, I seem to remember it being so very very easy?