Gransnet forums

Technology

Can't get photos from camera to computer

(6 Posts)
ExDancer Sat 04-Jun-22 12:24:21

I usually just plug a usb into my camera, switch it on and plug the other end into the computer, press a button and BINGO. There they all are, ready for me to see in full colour!
But today is says 'something's gone wrong, try again'

At 82 these technical things just baffle me.

shysal Sat 04-Jun-22 13:28:22

Can you try removing the SD card from your camera and slotting it into the computer? I see no reason why this shouldn't work.
Good luck!

NotTooOld Sat 04-Jun-22 13:32:59

I had the same problem and it was due to the memory on my phone having more or less run out. I bought a new phone with more memory and suddenly everything was ok again.

StarDreamer Sat 04-Jun-22 13:51:44

Can you delete some of the photos on your camera, photos that you have previously transferred to your computer?

ExDancer Sat 04-Jun-22 15:01:33

I should have used the word 'tablet' instead of 'computer' - my tablet doesn't have a slot for the sim card, though no doubt if I get myself to a computer shop they'll sell me a gadget to get round it.
I wonder if its the memory, shouldn't be as I haven't had the tablet long, I'll look further into that one.
Google has a free app you can download to fix it, but I'm wary of downloading things, having been caught out years ago by a so-called Defender programme that gave me a virus.
I'm sure it must be something simple like memory as suggested by notsoold

ExDancer Sat 04-Jun-22 15:03:30

windowsreport.com/fix-windows-10-photo-importing-issue/

That's the link from Google.