Gransnet forums

Technology

I'm having trouble getting new passwords, having lost them!

(10 Posts)
Alie2Oxon Wed 15-Jun-22 15:01:21

Passwords on several different programs. I can't even get into my GP's 'Patient Access'.
I am not receiving any emails back giving links to proceed.

I did a search online and I'm not the only one who has had this, but no solution found! Can anyone help?

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 15-Jun-22 17:49:13

Both my PC and IPad store my passwords . Have you checked?

Alie2Oxon Wed 15-Jun-22 18:21:14

Yes...
I don't want to find passwords, I want to change them. and I can't do it because I am not getting the email response!

Visgir1 Wed 15-Jun-22 18:25:28

Could you just say" Forgot password "and get the email link to change them?

timetogo2016 Wed 15-Jun-22 18:28:56

My thoughts exactly Visgirl.

Teacheranne Wed 15-Jun-22 19:02:10

I wonder if the links are going into your junk box or even to a different email address? I use Yahoo as my main email but also have a linked gmail account. Sometimes when I sent a new email to an organisation, my lap top uses my little used gmail address which causes no end of problems if I don’t spot it!

Alie2Oxon Thu 16-Jun-22 08:30:05

Yes, Teacheranne. I've had two people here trying to solve this, and the only result is that I keep getting locked out of an Outlook a/d that I've never used!

Please, folks, don't say 'get the email' - you haven't got the problem!

StarDreamer Thu 16-Jun-22 08:37:45

I have just noticed this thread.

A very strange thing, usually I am continuously logged in, using Google Chrome, to various websites, including Gransnet.

Recently, for some unknown reason they all dropped out and I have been havimg to reset passwords because I wrote down passwords long ago and it seemed easier to reset than to look for them.

One site keeps refusing to send me an email, stating access denied to unauthorised people, yes, the reset your password page refuses to send me a link as I am purportedly not authorised to use that facility.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 16-Jun-22 10:28:43

That surprised me SD, you needing to search for your list of passwords! I have always imagined you to be incredibly well organised!

Alie2Oxon Thu 16-Jun-22 10:37:49

One of the sites I can't get into is the Patient Access for my GP surgery!