Gransnet forums

Technology

Does anyone have an Apple computer?

(8 Posts)
dragonfly46 Fri 17-Jun-22 10:22:10

I have an Apple Mac and hate the keyboard. I can type very fast on a normal keyboard but for some reason I find the Apple one difficult and I don't know why. Maybe it is because it is too flat.

Does anyone else have this problem and can you recommend a different keyboard?
Maybe I need to persevere with this one as it has a button I can touch to access webpages.

muse Fri 17-Jun-22 12:09:46

I’ve had my MacBook Pro for 4 years and am fine with it. I’m a touch typist so fairly speedy.

You can connect any keyboard to a Mac I’d go for a Bluetooth one.

Floradora9 Fri 17-Jun-22 17:52:25

I have a bluetooth one for my desk top Apple computer just have to remember to charge it now and again . It is pretty flat but I have no problems with it .

cornergran Fri 17-Jun-22 19:00:53

I have the same problem dragonfly. Too mean to buy an alternative I put a thin book under the back of the Apple keyboard. Problem solved grin.

Septimia Fri 17-Jun-22 19:22:44

I have a MacBook and bought an adjustable plastic stand to put it on (too long ago to remember where!). It does make a difference when doing a lot of typing. It puts the screen higher up and the keyboard at a more comfortable angle.

Ailsa43 Sat 18-Jun-22 01:10:29

I have an apple Mac desktop...always hated the keyboard because it's too flat. Experimented with many other types for a while, blue tooth as well.. but now I've gone back to using the Mac keyboard and instead I rest the back of the keyboard on a small hardback diary

dragonfly46 Sat 18-Jun-22 08:07:43

Thank you everyone. Yes maybe a stand will work.

ElaineI Sat 18-Jun-22 21:02:44

Not apple but we got new computers at work before I retired and I found the mouse and keyboard very uncomfortable as they were too flat. IT bought me a different mouse I could rest my hand on and something to raise the keyboard.