Gransnet forums

Technology

Where about is the authentication notice on aLloyds App?

(6 Posts)
Lovetopaint037 Mon 11-Jul-22 01:09:22

Was asked for authentication when purchasing something on my Lloyds Mastercard. Usually received code via text but this time it is telling me to go to my Lloyds app but can’t find anything on it to carry out authentication. Can anyone with the same app please tell me where it may be hiding? In the end I had to use dh’s Barclay card.

Esspee Mon 11-Jul-22 06:45:04

I bank with HSBC so can't give you an answer. Whenever I have a question about their online site I simply call them and someone talks me through.

Lovetopaint037 Mon 11-Jul-22 09:06:41

Thank you Espee . I will have to do that.

V3ra Mon 11-Jul-22 10:39:24

Not Lloyds, but when this type of authorisation is required on my Santander bank card the relevant page is displayed as soon as I open the app.
I confirm it's me making the transaction with my normal bank log-in code, close the app and continue with the purchase.

I'm presuming you do online banking and have the Lloyds app installed on your phone?

Elizabeth27 Mon 11-Jul-22 11:37:00

When I open the app it states ‘are you authorising a transaction?’ After clicking yes the transaction goes through, same with Paypal.

Lovetopaint037 Mon 11-Jul-22 23:17:22

Thank you. I was expecting something like you describe but there is nothing that is apparent when I open the app. It’s very odd as before this happened it was always a code.