Gransnet forums

Technology

Where can I find the QR code?

(7 Posts)
Mazgg Sat 25-Feb-23 14:33:49

I am trying to return a parcel to M & S. All went well until I took it to the post office and presented my phone with the email from M & S confirming the return and giving a picture with a QR number. Apparently it should be a square with black dots. Could this be stored elsewhere on my phone and if so where? I get the same result on my laptop.
Please can one of you lovely ladies help a struggling dinosaur?

Aldom Sat 25-Feb-23 14:36:59

If you Google, How to get a qr code instructions will come up for installing the app. Hope this helps.

Aldom Sat 25-Feb-23 14:38:48

PS. I hope I've understood your post correctly, and that this is what you need. smile

NorthFace Sat 25-Feb-23 15:04:33

This a QR Code image.

You may have the automatic downloading of images switched off. This can be a good idea if you want to save on mobile data usage but every now and again you may want to see the image.

These are the instructions for Android devices and Gmail.

support.google.com/mail/answer/145919?hl=en-GB&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid

1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app .
2. At the top left, tap Menu Menu.
3. Tap Settings and then your account.
4. Under 'Data usage', tap Images.
5. Tap Always show.

Note the other options for Computer, iPhones and iPads.

Other mail servers will be slightly different. Just look for settings and turn on display external images. Hotmail, for example:

Open the email; click “open message”; click “show content” at the top of the message. Click the Mail menu, then click Mail Settings. Click the “Hide images & disable links in mail from unknown senders” box to clear it. Click the “Save” button.

The Post Office will then be able to see and scan the QR Code and print a label for you.

If you have a home printer and would like the parcel collected you can print your own label and have Evri collect the parcel. Instructions here:

www.marksandspencer.com/c/help/returns-and-refunds/paperless-returns

Mazgg Sat 25-Feb-23 16:24:46

Thank you all for your help. At the moment I am still unable to get the full QR code, only the abbreviated version i.e. QR code number. I have been able to get the full QR code picture in the past. I think I will have to go back to M & S .

Sallymander Sat 25-Feb-23 18:54:43

Does the original email contain an attachment, you might have to scroll down a bit. If so click on that to reveal the QR code.

Mazgg Mon 27-Feb-23 08:00:50

Thank you again for all your help. I am still unable to display the QR code. I have followed all the helpful and detailed advice from NorthFace. The dot next to 'always display external images' is shown. It is so frustrating that I know this will be stored somewhere but can't find it!