pably15
I have a PAYG mobile, £10 last me ages ,I tried to topup today, on line but couldn't and I couldn't understand because it's always so easy to do, I'm with Tesco and have found out that they've stopped PAYG now...they want you to take a bundle...you pay monthly, I don't know yet what it costs but I can imagine it will work out dearer then PAYG, just something else that folk have no control over, I'll have a look around other providers ...or maybe they're all getting rid of PAYG
You will have to download the Tesco app (yes, another flipping app). They've changed their system <<<sigh>>>
Like you, I didn't want a 'bundle' but was forced to, so I got the cheapest which is £5.
Once you've registered you can keep a check on your balance by texting the word "Balance" to 282 and it will ping the amount back to you.
Then you will have to top-up when necessary via the app.
It used to be so simple didn't it - but companies will always try to find ways to make more money from their customers... 's Capitalism, innit!